• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Recomendations

YETI

NAXJA Forum User
Not really sure if I'm posting this in the correct section so move this if need be.

Anyhow going to finally Mountain bike and 4x4 moab in one long weekend.
Where should I 4x4???

My rig is set up with the following.

8" lift
d30 front (open)
8.8 rear
4.56 gears
lock rite rear
36" Iroks

What would be a great trail for fun wheelin and great views or scenery. Will have some friends and the wife along.

thanks for the help.
And sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

Can't say what trail to run...but if your long weekend is next weekend April 27th-30th a bunch of folks from the Intermountain Chapter will be there. Go to that forum for more info.

See you there (maybe)
Tom

ChiXJeff said:
Cliffhanger.
2X
for both Jeep and mnt bike (trail is called Amasa Back by bikers)

But...
do not miss the single best mnt bike trail in the world.
Porcupine Rim.

When we head out we are going to be doing Fins n things. Gemini for the scenery. and some others. I am going with two stock tjs and one mildly built one. It should be fun though.

YETI said:
We are for sure doing slickrock trail ( mountain bike). Don't know what else though.
Slickrock is a fun playground that everyone should do once but it's more like a natural terrain park than a trail. It feels like a paved obstacle course.
To me it's overated but, like I said, everyone should do it at least once just to see what it's like.
I find Amasa Back and Porcupine Rim to be far more interesting trails.

Amassa Back or Cliffhangar if you are in your jeep isn't the same trail it used to be. Late last year the oil company that made the road came in and filled all the obsticals in with sand so they could get their big trucks in to service their pipeline. The report I got this year is that you wouldn't want to drive your car in but thats about it. Sounds really really easy now.

Yeti, Hook up with us at slickrock campground....Or look at the list of trails we have posted up. With your set up you should be able to tackle any of the the trails we have listed there.

Aw, nuts. Z-Turn and the shelf road were lots of fun.

Guess if it's the right of way, we've got nothing to grip about.

Back