• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a qualified/experienced electrician

wow, crazy. That looks pricey!

I know a guy in phelan, but I don't think he does that type of stuff. I'll check with him.

This is not something he does. He suggested you call a temporary power company like the guys who put in power at jobsites. He however does not have any recommendations since his contracts specifically exclude temp power. Good luck.

Throw a winch line around that bad boy and stand it up.....:twak:

Is this pole only supplying the drop to your structure or does it also branch to others ? (can't tell by the pic)

Hopefully you have already gotten this worked out but:

Try ACO temporary power they are in the 818 but do work everwhere. A friend of mine has used them before for the same type of work at his house. Be warned it wasn't cheap. He recommeded buying a pole and and renting a post hole digger and sinking the pole yourself (jeeps with winches) and then just have an electrician move the wires over.

You can also try Fireball electric in Bellflower 562-867-2317 he does everything but I'm not sure if he goes out that far.

Ok, the subscribe feature sucks on here, cause Im just now seeing all these responses.

wow, crazy. That looks pricey!
:bawl:
I know a guy in phelan, but I don't think he does that type of stuff. I'll check with him.

This is not something he does. He suggested you call a temporary power company like the guys who put in power at jobsites. He however does not have any recommendations since his contracts specifically exclude temp power. Good luck.

Throw a winch line around that bad boy and stand it up.....:twak:

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately standing it up wouldnt help me, the pole has been rooted from the ground, It would be more dangerous to stand it up at this point. All power going to that pole has been shut off.

Is this pole only supplying the drop to your structure or does it also branch to others ? (can't tell by the pic)

Its fed from one other pole and it feeds a couple structures.

Hopefully you have already gotten this worked out but:

Try ACO temporary power they are in the 818 but do work everwhere. A friend of mine has used them before for the same type of work at his house. Be warned it wasn't cheap. He recommeded buying a pole and and renting a post hole digger and sinking the pole yourself (jeeps with winches) and then just have an electrician move the wires over.

You can also try Fireball electric in Bellflower 562-867-2317 he does everything but I'm not sure if he goes out that far.

Thanks for the recommendations. Still havent gotten taken care of. Only had one lead to a contractor and I havent heard back. Will give these guys a call today. :thumbup:

Mike, I'll keep my eye out for the electrician my building uses (he's here every day) and let you know what I learn.

You may want to ask around about the pole itself, if power is already cut you should be able to safely sink a pole with a G.C. and then have an electrician come by.

To bad about ACO they did good work for my friend.

Surprising about Fireball I haven't talk to him in a while but I hadn't heard he was out of business. Damn, now I gotta find out what the hell happened to him. The grumpy old lady could've been his wife, the business line used to ring at home after hours.

Sorry, looks like I need to update my contacts list.

Back