• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a new camp spot

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey fellas. I'm looking for a cool place to camp at next weekend. My girlfriend and I were hoping to camp somewhere in Tahoe, but we went to get reservations too late.

Are there any cool places say, somewhere between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, either off 80 or 50? We would like to have water very close as we will have the kayak with us. Good fishing is a plus. It does not need to be a state run campground, and doesn't even need to have set camping spots. The more remote and less crowded, the better.

We are trying to avoid highway 4, as well as spots off Ice house road because we spend a lot of time in those areas already.

Any recommendations?

high lakes OHV. just stick to the north side. As the crow flies, high lakes is not that far from gold lake.

Man, I'd love to check those places out since everyone rants and raves about them.. But I think that might be a little too far for next weekend. Any ideas of anything closer?

Any cool spots up near kyburz or strawberry? Pollock pines? Near fordyce?

Trying to keep it 2wd ford ranger accessible as well.

You could also just go to the high lakes or gold lake

There's also boca and stampede. My friends and I are going to dog valley the weekend of the 4th and then yuba river the following weekend

Back