• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm kit and skid plate

fsj-earl

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a long arm upgrade kit and now I cannot install my Rusty's engine / tranny skid plate since it mounts on the frame brackets for the factory upper control arms. Does anybody have a solution set for this problem? Thanks in advance!

No way anyone can help you without more info and pictures.

What longarm kit? Did you cut off the UCA brackets? I'd say an engine skid isn't necessary, a trans/transfer case skid is more important on an XJ.

Sounds like you'll have to rig something up to make it work. That's normally the solution to most problems on here haha.

Rough Country long arm kit, Rusty's Skid plate. Yes, I cut off the UCA mounts. I would REALLY lik to keep this skid plate considering the goughes and dings in it, it has very obviosuly safe my oil pan, tranny pan and such on more than one occasion. What kind of pictures would be helpful?

You cut off the factory UCA brackets? Surely you mean you cut off the lower control arms? I'm not sure why you'd cut off the uppers.

Weld new mounting tabs on. Done.

Yes, LCA mounts. Not the uppers. Long weekend, not fully coherent..... Yea, looks like I need to weld on some new tabs or fabricate some kind of bracket. The bracket that comes with the skid plate is really thick and beefy, I don't have the equipment to bend or manipulate that thickness of metal. Need to do some more looking, planning, and trial and error.

Back