• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introducing our Ultimate XJ Steering Brace!

Put me down for hoping it fits a Warn XD9000.

I would also love to fit the stock bumper back on over it and hide the opening behind the license plate as LazyXJ has done.

I will be looking forward to what you come up with.

Put me down for hoping it fits a Warn XD9000.

I would also love to fit the stock bumper back on over it and hide the opening behind the license plate as LazyXJ has done.

I will be looking forward to what you come up with.

The XD is a fairly long winch, so I'm not sure if it will fit. The winch position is slightly offset from center to avoid the steering box. We know it will fit a Warn M8000 or similar sized winch however.

The design will allow for the factory bumper to still be used. :thumbup:

I'm interested in picking up your Ultimate XJ Steering Brace's for my 1997 XJ Country. This is my daily driver and will not typically see off road action. I have a built JKUR for that. I want this XJ to have tight steering and no sloppy feeling up front.

I currently have the JCR Uniframe Tie-In Kit with Steering Spacer and the XJ Currie Correctlync Heavy Duty Steering System. The Jeep is lifted approximately 3" with a complete OME Suspension and sits on 245/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires on Mamba MR1X Wheels, with stock fender flares.

It looks like the JCR Uniframe Tie-In kit and the Boostwerks Ultimate Steering Brace could/would work together but the forward two mounting points would have to have a spacer or shim plate placed in between. OR, it looks like the JCR Uniframe Tie-In Kit looks like the bottom part that reinforces where the Stabilizer Bar Mounting are could be cut off.

Can you confirm if these in fact would work together or let me know your thoughts on how to get them to work together? I have a stock front bumper if that makes a difference. And, I was considering getting stock tow hooks, if they'll work with your Ultimate XJ Brace.

Thanks, in advance.
Jeff K.

I'm interested in picking up your Ultimate XJ Steering Brace's for my 1997 XJ Country. This is my daily driver and will not typically see off road action. I have a built JKUR for that. I want this XJ to have tight steering and no sloppy feeling up front.

I currently have the JCR Uniframe Tie-In Kit with Steering Spacer and the XJ Currie Correctlync Heavy Duty Steering System. The Jeep is lifted approximately 3" with a complete OME Suspension and sits on 245/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires on Mamba MR1X Wheels, with stock fender flares.

It looks like the JCR Uniframe Tie-In kit and the Boostwerks Ultimate Steering Brace could/would work together but the forward two mounting points would have to have a spacer or shim plate placed in between. OR, it looks like the JCR Uniframe Tie-In Kit looks like the bottom part that reinforces where the Stabilizer Bar Mounting are could be cut off.

Can you confirm if these in fact would work together or let me know your thoughts on how to get them to work together? I have a stock front bumper if that makes a difference. And, I was considering getting stock tow hooks, if they'll work with your Ultimate XJ Brace.

Thanks, in advance.
Jeff K.

Hey Jeff!

Like you had mentioned, the bottom portion of the tie in would need to be cut off to allow the brace to sit flush against the "frame". Some minor trimming of the lower cross member is required as well. The factory tow hooks should be no problem.

Hey Jeff!

Like you had mentioned, the bottom portion of the tie in would need to be cut off to allow the brace to sit flush against the "frame". Some minor trimming of the lower cross member is required as well. The factory tow hooks should be no problem.

Could you show pics of this?
Draw a circle around the part(s) that would need to be cut off.
Thx.

Just ordered the nut and bearing kit, I've been looking for one of these unsuccessfully for a long time, guess I was just looking in the wrong places! Last Saturday I twisted yet another sector shaft, so I decided it was time to get serious about upgrading.

Wait so you have to remove the return leg on the front crossmember? Thats quite a bit of strength there.... guess ill be looking at the diy option.

I think he meant just the rolled edge not the whole bottom face, but I could be wrong.

If I'm right, I bet you could actually just pound it flat. Yes, it'll affect rigidity, but nowhere near as much as cutting it off or taking the whole bottom face off.

Wait so you have to remove the return leg on the front crossmember? Thats quite a bit of strength there.... guess ill be looking at the diy option.

The amount of strength is pretty negligible at best. As Kastein mentioned, you just need to remove the bottom lip on both sides in order for the brace to sit flat against the uni-rail. The strength in which the brace provides, more than makes up for the tiny piece of sheet metal that needs removed.

Our customers have mentioned a "night and day" difference in the way their XJ feels after the installation of our brace.

BTW, where are all the customer pics at guys? I know you guys have them! ;)

Looking at this it seems it only bolts to the bottom of the unirail ,so if I'm looking at it correctly I should have no issue installing this with my c-rock steering brace which is now welded to my bumper which is welded to my exo cage...lol...if I'm correct let me know I'll buy the entire brace if I'm wrong I'll buy the bearing kit and build a custon mount for it ...I've been lucky with my steering on 40 boggers now I'm on 42s and looking at 44s so bracing that shaft is on my mind .

Looking at this it seems it only bolts to the bottom of the unirail ,so if I'm looking at it correctly I should have no issue installing this with my c-rock steering brace which is now welded to my bumper which is welded to my exo cage...lol...if I'm correct let me know I'll buy the entire brace if I'm wrong I'll buy the bearing kit and build a custon mount for it ...I've been lucky with my steering on 40 boggers now I'm on 42s and looking at 44s so bracing that shaft is on my mind .

That is correct, however I believe the C-rock brace has a wrap around section that goes underneath the rail. If so, it would need to be trimmed to allow the brace to sit flush.

I apologize for the late reply as well!

I have a bunch of DIY kits in stock, and we're currently waiting for a batch of braces to get back from powder.

Good luck to those COfest participants as well! We've tossed up one of our steering braces for grabs as well as a 231 shift kit! Unfortunately we won't be able to make it.

Thanks for the support NAXJA!
Bryson

Back