• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hey all just picked up a 99' XJ 6 Cyl, 5 Spd for a winter beater. This is my first XJ and I look forward to learning more about the vehicle. Picked it up cheap due to CEL and bad brakes, did both o2 sensors and the CEL is gone. Next on the list will be doing the front and rear brakes and maybe some wheels and tires down the road. Once i give her a proper bath i will post up some pictures.

Hey all just picked up a 99' XJ 6 Cyl, 5 Spd for a winter beater. This is my first XJ and I look forward to learning more about the vehicle. Picked it up cheap due to CEL and bad brakes, did both o2 sensors and the CEL is gone. Next on the list will be doing the front and rear brakes and maybe some wheels and tires down the road. Once i give her a proper bath i will post up some pictures.

you should absolutely change all the fluids also - both differentials (75W-90 gear oil), transfer case (Dex/Merc III ATF), and transmission (75W-90 GL-3/GL-4 Manual Trans Fluid)

DO NOT PUT GL-5 GEAR OIL FROM THE PARTS STORE IN THE TRANSMISSION. It needs to be GL-3/GL-4 fluid to be safe with the brass syncros. Choices are Redline MT-90 and AMSOIL MTG.

Howdy everyone. I'm Mitchell from Milford, NH. Long time lurker, first time poster on naxja. I'm fairly active on cherokeeforum but I want to broaden my horizons. I always find some better info over here anyway. Here's my 99 XJ! Just finished installing tnt long arms, currently running my 31s while I'm saving cash to do gears and lockers before keeping the 35s on.

Hey Mitchell! Nice XJ. Those TNT long arms work well (though they're a bit of a pain drilling through the unibody to mount the brackets for them).

Welcome to NAXJA Mitchell, very nice and clean XJ you got there. Do expect some upcoming local events this sping/summer

Welcome to NAXJA Mitchell, very nice and clean XJ you got there. Do expect some upcoming local events this sping/summer

Unfortunately not. I still have plenty of loose ends that need to be addressed before I will feel comfortable doing any significant amount of wheelin. This spring/summer I'm looking to tackle my bump stops, OTK steering, a trans cooler, front recovery points and whatever else I can pony up the cash for. Maybe I'll be able to do some runs on my 31s!

Hello all!

Just this August I bought myself a '99 Cherokee Sport from my neighbor specifically for winter driving. It's a 4.0 with 115K miles on it. I live in the NYC area and winters get frustrating real quick. Got hit last night with 2 - 4 inches of snow and there's another system coming in this weekend. Yeah, got tired of it all and parked my Mustang and now I'm driving in style. Made a few modifications since then and as always, more on the way. This is my winter DD but hope to hit trails outside of the city for camping/fishing/outdoor stuff. Would love to connect with other members for such adventures.

Happy to join NAXJA!

20140816_jeep.jpg

hello my name is sean and im from mahwah nj and no i dont wheel stag hill, i wheel rausch creek with the north jersey jeep club and jersey jeepers.
1f35d42718557e1c2870fe35993e50f8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I am Philip - this is my '95 XJ Country i picked up a few weeks ago.

hape1ga7pBdL6q1zU-NctW8DbMkpPb1Ao6S0T6ulwLZV=w296-c-h198-no

Plan so far is to
  • Paint exterior plastic trim, fenders and bumpers black
  • Add 4.5" RC lift
  • 31" tires

Welcome Matt & Philip!

IMHO, you can get away with less than 4.5" lift for only 31s.

truth

4.5" and 31s would look ridiculous IMO

Back