• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you know this XJ?

Only in a XJ

NAXJA Forum User
By any chance does anyone here know this XJ or who built it?

I bought it from a guy that bought it built. The tranny started to go on it and he parked it for over a year before selling it to me.

A few details about it:

1996 4 door XJ
Metalic Forest Green w/ Gray interior

Mods:
Surco Roof Rack
Yakima Roof Bike Rack
Aftermarket Bumper (Don’t Know what kind)
Rubicon Express SYE
Double Cardan joint Drive Shaft
Some kind of Transfercase lowering Kit
Two large Hella lights on the bumper
Rustys Lift Kit (Im thinking 4.5" or so)
Rusty's Adj Lower Control Arms
Rusty's Upper Control Arms
Rustys Track Bar
..... As you can tell the guy bought a lot from Rusty's
JKS Quicker Disconnects
JKS ACOS
Black America Racing Steel Wheels
Mickey Thompson ATZs

Engine/Exhaust Mods:
(May be a Rusty’s Ultimate XJ Performance Package since the guy seemed to buy from there and it looks like the kit I just don’t know about the throttle body)
K&N Intake Kit w/ what looks like a Rusty’s Airtube spacer.
Rusty's Throttle Body Spacer
Flowmaster Muffler
Magnaflow High flow CAT

This think looks like a lot of care was taken when building it. The engine except for all the dust looks really clean top to bottom, I would say 10 times better than my engine looked, dusty or not.

I am also assuming some work has been done on it or at least some of the parts were bought at High Country because of the sticker on it…. But who knows… maybe someone was just showing some love.

So anyway If anyone here is the previous owner or knows the previous owner, I would like a chance to meet you and find out what else has been done to this rig that I don’t know about.

I know it’s a weird request but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask….

Thanks!

I will post up better pics when I take some better ones…..

9730-new-jeep.jpg

9735-cimg0254.jpg

9736-cimg0256.jpg

9737-cimg0274.jpg

9738-cimg0257.jpg

1200.00 - Been sitting a year and needs a new tranny. I am swapping the tranny out of my wrecked 98 into it, putting my Stang bumper, ohanafab sliders, wheels/ tires, and rear shackles

Yeah but I'm gonna use those... Bigger tires and wider wheels...

Wrecked has 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels w/ 6 month old 33 12.50 Big O XTs

New one has 15x8 or 9 American Racing black steel wheels w/ 32 11.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ w/ 50 to 70% tread

May be putting those up for sale too...

The wife picked out the pretty Mickey Thompson wheels so I have to keep those...

I orig wanted black steel but will most likely sell em...

I feel the same way. When I wrecked my '98, I just wanted to get back into a cherokee... luckily I did. Nice find. Welcome!

Back