• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interest in SR/DV oct 15th

you could probably get in the south side to duck crk bridge with the taco, you might need a pull on the way out though around that one corner but nothing crazy coming in from that side.

i think this mightbe right, from joshs site to get to the south end from hwy 4:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]To Highway 4 - Southern Access (Trails End - 9.5 Miles)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Continue on NF 7N17 (2 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Turn right onto NF 7N38 (4.3 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- NF 7N38 becomes NF 7N01 (2.6 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Turn right onto Spicer Meadow Road to Highway 4 (3 Miles)

by the way, of youre taking the taco up there, and taking that paved/gravel access road to the south end, you can get to SR very very fast from sacto.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

gmaps reads almost 3 hours...granted i'll try to haul ass in the smooth n twisty gravel it still seems like quite a trek.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=2...dgbjY-A&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&t=h&z=14

ok well i won't know till mid-day saturday what i'm driving up in, seeing as i don't know any of these guys going cept for jon, please hollar at me if you see me in either of these rigs

Prarie_City_Xploder_Yota_079.jpg

if i take xj i'll be taking slick rock trail to the campsite.

IMG_3110.jpg

Last edited:
do you have a CB?

you remember my cousin right? itll basically be Him, me and our friend bill. thats about it. kevin will be wheeling with us.
Justin may or may not go.

CB channel 16? If theres any intrest, Im planning on running DV out to 88 and back to sac on sunday afternoon.

i might be down for DV On sunday.

man i wish i could make it!!...just about finished up with working on the XJ but i still won't be able to make it :(

yes sir!!
314776_1855881776509_1824794664_1217284_2143740715_n.jpg

is that your exhaust manifold?.

or you can ride with me mike and i can pick you up, we run SR sat, and then run DV and strawberry home on sunday

yes thats his exhaust mani.

thats what i was afraid of . ive seen hairline cracks but nothing like that. no wonder it sounded like crap.

Any chance we can set some plans? Ill be heading up in a few hours and would like to know where and when to meet you guys.

i spoke with jon last night and he said we were going to head straight to the south end via hwy 4 set up camp by the bridge, then commence wheeling going from south to north. I don't have to work tomorrow and jon said he'd skip making a tire carrier so i think we can hit the road by 10ish depending on when his cousin gets to sac as he's coming from the bay area.

For sure. Sounds like Jon is gonna keep me updated. See you guys tomorrow!

wow this trip got interesting.
built a rear tire carrier setup off my bumper late friday, then woke up sat and finished it by 2pm and headed out.

we ended up wheeling til about 4am saturday night, having to help out a Yota buggy aorund the stairsteps on 42s numerous times due to a broken rear driveshaft. After we were done helping them we ran slickrock front to back and played on some fun stuff.

We woke up at 7am to pouring rain without a rain flap on the tent.
Then we had to pull one of the yotas in the south camp all the way out of the south side .

No pics but Mike almost rolled my junk
We had a blast.

if youre gonna air down to 4 psi on 12" wide rims you better carry air. the buggy did not have air and kept loosing beads . it was stupid with no beadlocks and no air.

Back