• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indy or BV Anyone?

If you put any more tube on your rig, it may not be able to move under its own power.

It has the normal tube structure of an exoed xj all external pillars have a bar and a pretty basic halo all tied in through the roof into an internal b and c to keep it from going side ways . The double external B gives the impression of more tube , which that got made because the factory B was supposed to get cut out and fixed tube was to go in place of the doors , but I kept the doors and left the stock b pillar and left the double exo B . What I wanna do is run the inner C thorough the roof into the halo and run a set of internal D thorough the roof run tube from back bumper/crossmember along inner rail and tie into the boat sides and same from front frame horn back ...overkill...yep...but for all of 20-30 pounds of tube the strength of the rig to stay.straight in a roll will be huge .

Going to replace the Warn banner on the windshield with...FURY ROAD ...

right on. are you guys camping? we will be. planning on bringing the van to camp in instead of my truck. if you're camping do you guys want to do breakfast in camp? i'm thinking we will stay in bv fri and sat night then pack up and go to penrose sun morning. easier that way and i'd like to hit quincys sat night for prime rib.

What's the Intended start time Saturday . I plan to trailer in Saturday morning just need to know how early . I would like to hit Penrose , but may call it good after Carnage all depends on how energetic I feel. I still need to spend wrench time fabbing up new rear coil buckets after jumping and bending the current ones on the access road to carnage trail head...if these prefabs were not made of POO PIPE they probably would not have folded like a cheap suit .

im open to any time as i will already be there. i do know of another group meeting at 10. so we can roll with them or before or after. makes no difference to me.

Will shoot to be there around 0830 so not be in a rush ...will be in a Blue Dodge ram with a white xj on trailer...lol...really can't miss it .

Nope not a 5 pin, it's the older 4.5HP Smittybilt that has the three prong. I'm pretty sure its the remote, but in trying to test I've blown 2 175A fuses (my main mega fuse).

I'm pretty well a step away from just ordering an M8000.

I would have a bit ago if it weren't a bit larger in areas that will **** up my front clip, unless I cut the drum down a hair.

I do have a newer solenoid pack from the newer model (as well as two of the newer model winches) sitting around.

However, I don't have a remote for them.

And, I really don't feel like screwing with all of that stuff right now.

Ugh.

I have not even unloaded the Jeep and still need to so I can fix the bent rear bump towers ...lol...still need to fix the broken wire for the trans output speed sensor so I have more than 1st gear , which honestly on Carnage or Penrose 5mph is probably fast enough ...But while I want to wheel I don't wanna wrench much more and am finding it hard to get motivated to get ready for the weekend.

Hey saw your picture, sent you what I have.

Mine's completely different. I believe yours in the second gen.

I'm going to pick up some more mega fuses, and try to see if it's the solenoids, or it was the controller itself.

I would have gone a Warn some time ago, but it's going to make me have to cut into my passenger side blinker as it's almost an inch wider in that direction.

I'd shorten the drum and make the winch narrower, but that won't work with mounting.

Bleh.

Well, thought I was all good to go....got the winch all fixed and good to go.

Was just doing some final go through, one of the last things I wanted to do was bump the ride height up in the rear.

Went to lift the rear to add pressure, and the tire comes off the ground, passenger rear strut isn't extending.

Awesome...so at least one of my ORI's is hydrolocked...again.

Considering I just sent them in, had them completely gone through, and the STX caps added to the tune of ~$1200 last June...I'm a wee bit pissed.

I'll be calling ORI first thing tomorrow. I'm not going to lose a month of wheeling because of this.

Is this a common issue with the ORI's? I have always thought they were a good option but haven't had them myself or personally known anybody that has ran them either.

Mine are the older ST's.

The newer STX I've rarely heard a problem about.

I'm waiting on a call back from tech support.

Though I do have a contact (Will Herndon) who might be stopping by there to chat with them for me, as he lives right near them, and had them help with his setup and tune.

If possible I'd like to get them out today, but I also want to make sure this isn't coming out of my pocket.

Good to know. I'm not sure I'll ever run them on my rig, but they've always been on my radar as a good alternative to coilovers. I like the simplicity of not needing sway bars, bumps, etc for the lower speed stuff when using ORI's.

Back