• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Dan, tell the truth.... you just wanted to cut a hole in your hood, didn't you? Last whole piece of sheet metal you had. :D

Bad storm just ran through Oakland City, IN. State Police has restricted access to the town to emergency personnel only, not even residents. Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

Well Jeff, it didn't hurt my feelings. :D

On a notsosexy note, I had to relocate my air cleaner so I went to Lowes and came up with at minimum a temporary fix.

picture.php

It has to be that high. The bottom of the reservoir has to be above the inlet to the pump.
and even more importantly, above the inlet to the pump even when the jeep is on the maximum uphill, downhill, and sidehill slopes, at least if you want to be able to steer while rock crawling!

Well Jeff, it didn't hurt my feelings. :D

On a notsosexy note, I had to relocate my air cleaner so I went to Lowes and came up with at minimum a temporary fix.

picture.php

dude, you shoulda used rain gutter downspout like the pros.

I may also be on the prowl for a good running 4.0.

Lex called and said her jeep sounded like it was knocking. Seeing as she ripped the exhuast off saturday night it is louder than hell and hard to tell. Kind of sounds like the manifold may be cracked to but im not sure. Going to look into it more tomorrow.

Why is there so much stupid on craigslist? A lady send me an email about my neon to text her husband. So I text him and eventually call him. He then proceeds to tell me how a he won't drive a 2000 neon because it's a 3 speed not the 4 speed that the 01's got. At that point I told him thanks for looking and have a nice night. About 10 mins later he texts me with "FYI with that mileage and no a/c you have a 1000.00 car."

I send back "fyi that's your opinion and thanks for looking". He keeps texting me telling me how he's owned over a "dozzen" neons and how he just bought a newer one for 1800 with less mileage. I asked him again if he wanted to buy the car. if not quit wasting my time.

"well I'm just giving you advise and trying to fix stupid"

Told him to start with himself and blocked his number.

Parakeet

yeah you find some real winners on clist...i had an lcd tv with built in dvd that i was trying to sell for 200. had a guy call me and tried to get me to sell it for 100. i told him no way and that i would keep it for that money. mr. know it all proceeded to tell me that i was stupid and didn't know anything about video quality and that my tv was out of date and not worth more than 100 bucks. then i asked him if he had ever built a 100 foot video wall or dialed in a 12k hd projector running full fiber hd video. he didn't like that too much and turned to even nastier emails telling me that i was a clown. about a week later i got an email from a guy who came and bought the tv for $200 no questions asked. i had to send my new friend an email to tell him that it sold for $200 and that it was no longer available. :rolleyes:

so...i know its not big enough to do a lot, but i might be picking up a millermatic 140 on thursday. im building some electronic gadgets for a buddy and he is paying for the welder in exchange for the gadgets. it comes with a tank, regulators and some other goodies. my buddy is giving me the money and the guy is going to let it all go for under $400...that seems like an okay deal to me. welder is practically brand new, and 140 should do a lot of the small projects i've been thinking about. it will be a great one to learn on, i will step up eventually when the cash allows, but this welder should hold some value for a few years

A 140 will do a lot more than most people will give it credit for. I built that bumper at WinterFest with a Lincoln Electric Procore 100 that puts out a whopping 88 amps at 18 volts. Welding 1" plate D-ring tabs to 1/4" 2x6 tubing was really, really pushing the limits on it, but it did it. I just beveled the :):):):) out of it, ran it on the max current setting, prepped the surfaces very carefully (no burning through mill scale...), had to watch the duty cycle, and made sure that none of the welds were structurally involved in the recovery points, which are all held on with 4x 1/2" grade 8 bolts each.

I was afraid the welds would crack (they just hold the bumper crossbar to the D-ring tabs) but they haven't aside from one minor one, which was the result of me backing into a tree in 4lo by accident - I hit so hard that I got whiplash, and it actually bent the 2x6 right in the middle of the bumper before it cracked the weld.

If you pay attention to the duty cycle, plan your welds well, bevel and surface prep well, a 140 will do 1/4 plate easily and even more with a few passes.

I use a century 145 for all my stuff...it's over 20 years old still kicking!

mac 'will weld more than just boogers' gyvr

Why is there so much stupid on craigslist? A lady send me an email about my neon to text her husband. So I text him and eventually call him. He then proceeds to tell me how a he won't drive a 2000 neon because it's a 3 speed not the 4 speed that the 01's got. At that point I told him thanks for looking and have a nice night. About 10 mins later he texts me with "FYI with that mileage and no a/c you have a 1000.00 car."

I send back "fyi that's your opinion and thanks for looking". He keeps texting me telling me how he's owned over a "dozzen" neons and how he just bought a newer one for 1800 with less mileage. I asked him again if he wanted to buy the car. if not quit wasting my time.

"well I'm just giving you advise and trying to fix stupid"

Told him to start with himself and blocked his number.

Parakeet

What kind of mileage does yours have? I am looking at buying one from a buddy. Its an 01 base model that needs an alternator. It has 140k on it. Probably gonna go ahead and have my buddy swap the timing belt too. Its also cheap, not saying much because its probably gonna be for sale after a couple months and I may post it on here for sale(Don't want the oh, you only paid this much for it line). Body is in ok shape and it has a protected by the second amendment sticker on it already! :D

Craigslist is full of much fail for sure. When I had my MJ on there for sale. I had **NO TRADES** posted in the ad and people wanted to trade me crap all the time.

Last edited:
Bailing hay today. Not looking forward to it but helping out a friend is what matters. Friend that I am helping out today said he will have plenty of beer on the trailer to drink for helping out. :D I will stick to water today.

I'm with ya, Kim. I can't drink anything carbonated if I'm working up a sweat. And while I do like the smell of fresh hay, I really don't feel like working that hard. How much is he baling?

We are doing two fields of 50acres. Two on the trailer and one driving the tractor. Old school tossing bails, no fancy machines. :D

We are doing two fields of 50acres. Two on the trailer and one driving the tractor. Old school tossing bails, no fancy machines. :D

i don't miss doing that...we didn't bale hay when i was a kid, but i got roped into doing it by neighbors and friends because i was a big kid...a big slow kid. slow and baling don't go hand in hand

If you're doing 2 fields of 50 acres each in a day, that's a pretty poor hay stand.

Dad's baler had a thrower, 3 of us (1 on the baler, 1 in the barn and 1 driving wagons) did as much as 500 bales/hour in the barn. Granted, best possible conditions, empty barn to just tumble off the bales, and baling right next to the barn. Dad's wagons were set up to unload from the rear, with a movable gate in the front, we could usually unload a hundred bales, and only have to climb up into the wagon for one or two.

Back