• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

You had it right the first time.

As most of you know, I've been nursing my XJ back to health for quite a while now. A couple weeks ago I got it all back together and running like a top. In two weeks I put about half the miles on it that I put on the 14 months before. I came home last night to find a puddle of coolant under the front end. WHEN WILL IT STOP!? I started it up and let it run for a little bit to find the leak. Turns out the upper rad hose is cracked and has a decent spray coming out of it. At least its a simple fix...
haha, I know the feeling... try keeping a fleet of four rolling :wierd: I've somehow managed to keep all of them driveable for most of the time, except the week when I had the 96 down for a tranny swap, the last 3 weeks with the M54 down due to a bad head gasket (but still drives!), and a few days last week when the 96 had only two control arms connected to the axle housing.

If all goes well this weekend I'll be back to 4 running, driveable rigs.

The Turdcel is alive... half the fins were missing on the radiator, so I bought a new one. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the radiator hose and it was plugged. Turns out a rubber cap got into the hose somehow. I do keep them around in various sizes for plugging vacuum lines and whatnot, but unless I was really drunk and bored (who, me?) I don't think I would have put one into my radiator hose.

But with a new radiator and no restrictions, it's running cool now. This thing sure isn't fast and furious, but it might be quick and agitated...

And the Jeep continues to sit at the storage lot. But technically I've got 3 running vehicles, for now.

Yer doin' better than I am, then. I'm still chasing a fuel leak at the top of the fuel tank on my CTD. I get to pull the bed for the 3rd time tomorrow. Yes, I'm getting pretty good at it, I had it hanging from a shop crane last night in 30 minutes.

Installed an intercooler on the truck Monday at work since we were slow. Pics later when I find the camera charger.

Sweet!

I picked up a flux-capacitor off of eBay last week for the truck. Still can't decide how to mount it.

man there are a lot of dude/dude couples in Salt Lake City....and they are major :flame: er's and making out in public etc. I am typically not one to judge, but get a freakin room for crying out loud.....The Dew Tour is in town so I am gonna go tomorrow and check out the BMX vert and dirt jumps.

ordered a set of Brown Dog poly motormounts for the baby Jeep today...those folks are super nice on the phone!

mac 'should be here monday' gyvr

I could post this up in the non-tech/off topic area, but really, I don't give much of a damn about the rest of NAXJA. So, how is everyone doing with their fantasy football teams this year? Im doing alright, 7/14 in my league and 1-0-0 with a promising week ahead.
Edit: If a mod feels this should have it's own thread...they know what to do.

Last edited:
Going through some old pics this morning. This is one I will not forget any time soon. Such a good pucker moment for Tyler.:D

101_0074.jpg

I could post this up in the non-tech/off topic area, but really, I don't give much of a damn about the rest of NAXJA. So, how is everyone doing with their fantasy football teams this year? Im doing alright, 7/14 in my league and 1-0-0 with a promising week ahead.
Edit: If a mod feels this should have it's own thread...they know what to do.

Who cares? :)

Guys at work talk about their fantansy football crap all night long...you can't even enjoy a game, they root for a single player cause of some fantasy...drives me nuts...

plus...the Reds should make the playoffs, so its still baseball season!

and...the last 10 races of NASCAR...

mac 'and when your football team is the bengals there's never much to root for' gyvr

Back