• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

BOB, just be smooth as melted cheese in that interview and ya got nothing to worry about :thumbup:

Keep your chin up BOB and let us know how it went. If it helps, you can drop my name if you'd like. :D

What year is it? My 97 i can go thru the back seat.

Its a 92. Long before GM decided if they were going to continue using inferior parts they should make the servicing easier...I got it done in about an hour and 20 minutes.

That it do. I did it a year and a half ago...It's not as bad as others, but still a PITA. What I wanna know is how fuel pumps know to go out when the tank is full....:smsoap:
I was told that they go out with a full tank because when you run the tank low it heats up the pump because it is not sitting in fuel and getting hot. So when you go to fill it up it cools the pump very quickly and therefor kills the pump.

That doesn't happen with mine. My car almost never gets below a half tank. A lot of people play in the bottom half of the tank, I always play in the top half. Until I make a really long trip, like to Green Bay. Then I end up with about 1/8th tank before I fill it up. I don't like getting below half and hate getting below a quarter.

I GOT THE JOB!!!!

thanks everyone for the prayers and kind thoughts!

friggan fired in the morning and interviewed that afternoon.
talk about stress. They made me an offer to stay and I took it!!!!

I must have a horseshoe up my ass or I am truly blessed.

BOB

Congratulations!!!

:party::party1::party:

Beer's on me if I make it to WF double-one.

I GOT THE JOB!!!!

BOB

Right on Bob, good for you!

I've been munching on the leftovers from Pig Gig the last few days. Good, good stuff. Too bad it's almost gone.
I GOT THE JOB!!!!

BOB

Good deal!! Glad everything worked out!

I was told that they go out with a full tank because when you run the tank low it heats up the pump because it is not sitting in fuel and getting hot. So when you go to fill it up it cools the pump very quickly and therefor kills the pump.

personally I feel that it's because GM uses shitty parts, and the aftermarket is no better.

I also htink tha the newer cars with the high pressure returnless fuel systems are going to eat more pumps because of the higher pressures.

damn...my company sold our business to another Company!
I am out of a job!!
I do have an interview with the new owner later today or tomorrow.
I need your prayers and postive thoughts.

BOB

Good Luck Bob!!!!!

I have been in the hell-hole called Bellwood for the last couple weeks trying to figure out what to do with all the crap my employer inherited when our bankers bought a bottom feeder competitor and closed them down.

EDIT..... guess I should have read the next page before posting....Congrats Bob...

Last edited:
As most of you know, I've been nursing my XJ back to health for quite a while now. A couple weeks ago I got it all back together and running like a top. In two weeks I put about half the miles on it that I put on the 14 months before. I came home last night to find a puddle of coolant under the front end. WHEN WILL IT STOP!? I started it up and let it run for a little bit to find the leak. Turns out the upper rad hose is cracked and has a decent spray coming out of it. At least its a simple fix...

Yeah...I replaced the t-stat gasket, head gasket and water pump. Those aren't gonna be anytime soon. Looks like it's gonna be hoses, radiator or heater core. Dreading the heater core.

Back