• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Local yard told me $100 bucks for 8.8 with 4.10s and lsd. Let me know what you want for yours I may be interested. I’d like to bump my tj to 4.88 so yours sounds good

Got a hp d30 and XJ d44 with 4.88s that could be sold for the right price, will need disks and TJ mounts add to fit your TJ.

Renewed as well.

Been trying to look at a 2 door 2WD XJ near in the city but the guy has blown me off last minute twice. Interestingly enough he lowered the price on the Craigslist ad. We'll see how it goes tonight. 3rd times the charm right?

I need to pass a Mechanical test for a tech 3 (lead) job here at Amazon. I have been the lead tech(we had no tech 3’s) for going on 7months. On more than a dozen occasions including today I have had to fill the roll of maintenance manager dobto absence.

I missed the 3 spot by 3 questions.

Do I
A) bitch and moan because I am definitely the man for the job.

B) shut up. Keep doing the work I’m not getting paid for. Study more. Test again in 3 months after they’ve filled the lead spot.

Study harder and pass the damn thing. don't be a millennial and expect the shit to just be handed to you because you bitch. If the rules are you have to pass then pass.

I need to pass a Mechanical test for a tech 3 (lead) job here at Amazon. I have been the lead tech(we had no tech 3’s) for going on 7months. On more than a dozen occasions including today I have had to fill the roll of maintenance manager dobto absence.

Do I

B) shut up. Keep doing the work I’m not getting paid for. Study more. Test again in 3 months after they’ve filled the lead spot.

Don't bitch. Keep working hard and you will be noticed. It's not always an immediate result.

I would suggest you talk to the manager and let them know you very interested in the job and see what they say.

Honestly dude what answer did you expect from this group? You want your hand held and people to tell you to get into your safe space cause the world is mean? That's what Facebook is for.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I was expecting something along the lines of lock the door and earn that position with loose morals....

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I was expecting something along the lines of lock the door and earn that position with loose morals....

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I think I did it to the wrong person. I have several managers that want me to have the job but I don’t have the job. My knees are getting sore

Do I

The questions you missed are important and really about the job? Or just some dumb book learning shit? If you are doing the job, **** a test. I am not saying to bitch and moan but for sure don't just shut up and miss your opportunity.

Kinda what brian said:

I would suggest you talk to the manager and let them know you very interested in the job and see what they say.

Last edited:
It all depends. Hourly vs salary usually never favors management.

In my area we can’t hire skilled trades as Chrysler has sucked the market dry. So the smaller shops usually do what they can to keep veteran or skilled guys already on payroll. Doesn’t hurt to have a respectul discussion about advancement.

I have been with my current company for 3yrs 3months and am top on pay scale. That’s $8 and change of advancement in 3 years. Senior guys above me with 5-8 yrs are still $5 under that and on off shifts. I am on days. So it doesn’t hurt to make your intentions known, maybe retesting isn’t a requirement as much as a filter. When I worked for Caterpillar in Lafayette they had an entrance exam. No chance everyone I worked with passed that. Always seems selective to me after 11 years in manufacturing and industrial work that’s almost always the case.

Last edited:
It all depends. Hourly vs salary usually never favors management.

My hourly folks always asked me why I wouldn’t bring donuts in on Saturdays, my answer was always they were the ones getting paid to be there.

I look at it this way I get paid the same every single hour of the day, but I still enjoy pooping at work, “on their dime”.

Back