• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

F'cket, let it get repoed and start over, its what all the cool kids do. But how does a 103k motor go bad? Let the cam phasers go too long? It will be less then 9500 on the roll over unless thats payoff price not including intrest, intrest from on loan cant be rolled to another.

no gap insurance.

F'cket, let it get repoed and start over, its what all the cool kids do. But how does a 103k motor go bad? Let the cam phasers go too long? It will be less then 9500 on the roll over unless thats payoff price not including intrest, intrest from on loan cant be rolled to another.

yes i let the cam phasers go far too long. ive known they were bad for a long time and because of money and schedule i just kept putting it off. i blame myself for that and admit that my ignorance has now costed me and extra 8k.

9500 is my payoff. dealer that knows about the motor will give me 2500 for trade so really only 7500 roll over. possible that i can take it else where and not mention the issues and get a little more.

Ouch. Talk to a different dealer. Now besides the value being less then what you would have in it if you Fix it, do you like the truck and could drive it a long time just fixing what needs fixed? Or are you over the truck and just ready for something different?

Made a big meal for cheesebagR and lar, took me a while because I didn’t know where anything was in the kitchen.

Sam, I was in the same boat with my F150 3v. I filled it with Lucas oil treatment and traded it in on a new accord for the woman. They gave me less than I owed but it all evened out with what they took off the accord.
I miss the truck because I liked it but the motor design was junk. I was fixing typical issues from that generation monthly.

Warning: Tech question inbound.

My MJ needs a longer rear driveshaft and SYE. Should I put the 242 from my XJ in it? (already has a TW SYE) Or should I put a SYE on my 231?

i have a lunchbox up front with a 242 and it does some really goofy shit on the trails.... its a matter of time before i swap back to the 231

Ouch. Talk to a different dealer. Now besides the value being less then what you would have in it if you Fix it, do you like the truck and could drive it a long time just fixing what needs fixed? Or are you over the truck and just ready for something different?

dont get me wrong, i love the truck but having the "super cab" and having to haul my 2 kids every day has been annoying. so recently i have been looking at other vehicles. that said, id like to have another truck but in a 4dr rather than extended cab.

Sam, I was in the same boat with my F150 3v. I filled it with Lucas oil treatment and traded it in on a new accord for the woman. They gave me less than I owed but it all evened out with what they took off the accord.
I miss the truck because I liked it but the motor design was junk. I was fixing typical issues from that generation monthly.
yea i think thats my plan. the one advantage i have right now is that its early 2018 meaning i can find a new 2017 with lots of rebates and incentives. problem is, i still want something nice that i love to drive because it will be my every day vehicle.

right now the top contenders that i am interested in would all be Ford(i am assuming i am bias to Ford)
Ford Edge Sport
Ford Explorer Sport
Ford F150 4dr

the edge and the explorer i like and my wife likes but i only like the sport packages and she just wants a nice car

Sam, you still have a jeep and motorcycle too?

yea. my fleet includes my wife's 2010 fusion sport. my 01 Harley road king, and a 97 TJ that i bought and put in the garage have not drove it more than 50 miles yet. and the f150

The F150 with the EcoBoost seems to make people happy. I think they will eventually have issues cleaning the intakes on them but probably not until much higher mileage.

Why not sell the bike, the Jeep and patch up the truck enough to get a decent price, sell it all and have some money to put down on a good vehicle you dont start out upside down in and can get you to work reliably each day and have an affordable payment? Damn Sam, you just made me sound like an adult!!

Now back to hookers n blow...

That f150 is nice!

mac 'tow your junk to moab great as well!' gyvr

Buy used. So much cheaper even having to fix wear items it’s a no brainer. Paying cash would be best but if that’s not possible your at least not taking the initial massive loss on new. The only thing worse would be leasing a vehicle.

Sell the bike and jeep put that money up to get rid of the truck which is a money pit and get something more reliable for a daily. Then as cash allows replace the toys.

Worked well for me. But I’m also debt free and only pay cash for toys

No payments stacks up money in a hurry for things that do break.

e882cb11fec7a0c2a32f5dbb33baec3e.jpg

Can’t make this up.

mac ‘transporting hookers and blow’ gyvr

Why not sell the bike, the Jeep and patch up the truck enough to get a decent price, sell it all and have some money to put down on a good vehicle you dont start out upside down in and can get you to work reliably each day and have an affordable payment? Damn Sam, you just made me sound like an adult!!

Now back to hookers n blow...

Buy used. So much cheaper even having to fix wear items it’s a no brainer. Paying cash would be best but if that’s not possible your at least not taking the initial massive loss on new. The only thing worse would be leasing a vehicle.

Sell the bike and jeep put that money up to get rid of the truck which is a money pit and get something more reliable for a daily. Then as cash allows replace the toys.

Worked well for me. But I’m also debt free and only pay cash for toys

No payments stacks up money in a hurry for things that do break.

Whoa whoa whoa! You guys are talking non sense now. You just want me to sell off my toys! You must not know me to well. I will increase the debt before I down size.

I drove to the dealer with that f150 had a quick talk with a salesman since it was 4* outside. Asked him what his guess on my trade value was and informed him it had a
“Light tick” he knew it was phasers and said 2000

At this point I’m starting to think, if I’m only going to get 2k for the truck and it’s running, I may as well drive it until if completely fails and Likely stil get 2k

If we were in the business of making smart financial decisions...we wouldn't own Jeeps...

mac 'let's be honest' gyvr

If we were in the business of making smart financial decisions...we wouldn't own Jeeps...

ain't that the truth. I have the LJ sitting with a possible bad trans, and the xj wont stay running for some damn reason.

REW'lookingforabeater'STER

Moab prep, stage 2:
d5c912a89cbca69b5e28b4ae56b9baf6.jpg
The shop where l work, runs a 4 day work week(10 hrs. a day). When l started, l was on the weekend shift, 12 hrs 3 days. They asked. Me to switch back for 4 to 6 weeks
I said only if I can still work my normal shift
30 or 40 hrs of OT for next 4 to 6 weeks to fund the trip. YAY!

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Good point. Good thing I got rid of mine!

Only jeep stuff I have left is that red 01 and it sits in the barn and our hunters drive it, oh, and a few jeep signs still hanging in the shop.

I have no room to talk of too many toys......but I don't owe on any of them except the camper. Which reminds me, I need to get a mailbox for the camper! :D

Back