• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

BFG had a rugged terrain. A little less aggressive than the AT but still had that AT look. I'm not sure what they go for per tire but it's gotta be in that range of price.

Anyone run these before? They look like the Firestone destination ATs I had on my XJ when I bought it, and those performed half decent year round.
f3bdba1e1eb11a95e005dd001bec0da9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

It's ab235/70/16 so that cuts out treadwright. Thought about general grabber at2 as well. Needs to have good road manners since it'll most likely never leave the pavement

The 225-75 works out at 4/10ths of an inch narrower and 3/10ths of an inch taller. At 80 bucks a tire with free shipping.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I almost bought the Kendas but went with the Hankook ATMs instead. A year later they still look brand new, and that’s with a lot of towing miles and not rotating them. They’re not noisy at all.

KO2s are about $ 190, otherwise they'd be on order. I think I'm going to go with the ATM's, $103 with prime, and I get 5% cash back with the Amazon Visa plus $ 100 gift card for signing up. Thanks everyone.

P.S. Why hasnt Hobag fired anyone yet?

My opinion would be to look into an all season passenger car tire. Still better than an AT in the snow. I see no need for an AT if it’s a pavement pounder. And it’s basically a car. You could easily fine something to fit what your looking for at your local discount tire.

Last edited:
I have BFG KO2's on the Duramax and the wife drives it 99% of the time, they are great n we get 40k plus out of f them, I have ATM's on the XJ and like Byron said over a year later they still look new and perform well. The Tahoe has Bridgestones on it, but it's 2wd , squatted on 22s, so it sucks in snow.

I looked at Discount Tire, I couldnt find anything in the same size for a similar price outside of the cheapo chinese crap. These should be here next week.

Discount tire has access to more tires than what is listed on their website, and they will meet or beat any online price

2nd on Discount Tires.

I've had good luck with Discount Tire and they've gotten all my tire business for 15-20 years.

I've got a set of Hankook All Terrains on the LJ.
Well behaved on On and Off-Road.
I was skeptical after having BFGs for years, but these tires changed my mind on paying for the BFG name. Buy the Tire Certificates.

Did rotors and pads on all four corners of Dads WJ last night.

Fixed my leaky tire from Bundy on the LJ...which still needs washed...

mac ‘baby it’s cold outside’ gyvr

Literally just got home from Ron's place doing the 8.8 swap. Might need. a proportioning valve swap, but definitely a bit more peppy on the road and stops a bit better with my 35s. Didn't have the patience to do the parking brake hardware though, I'll do it next couple of weeks

Literally just got home from Ron's place doing the 8.8 swap. Might need. a proportioning valve swap, but definitely a bit more peppy on the road and stops a bit better with my 35s. Didn't have the patience to do the parking brake hardware though, I'll do it next couple of weeks

Who's Ron? 35's? I think you may be sleep deprived...

Lol I may have been a bit tired. 33s, and 4.10 gears. I didn't want to set gears up in both axles, but they might eventually get 4.56 or 4.88. for now I just threw new brake hardware on and fresh seals, and regearing my front axle with old XJ 4.10 gears

Back