• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I go to the Advanced in town, used to be the Car Quest, most everyone there is a vehicle enthusiast of some sort. They've never questioned me and are always happy to pull parts out to see if something will work.

Kidde Fire Extinguisher issued a recall on a bunch of their stuff. I know we all (for the most part) have extinguishers in our rigs. I've got two replacements on the way.

They have only ever sent two max at a time...

Pritchett is a funny one to check into...there’s no cell service...

mac ‘I’ve ran it 3 times, one of my favorites’ gyvr has

It is on my list for next year.
I just want to take it easy on the last obstacle.
After watching the video, I can see why Lar got out and walked.

Cindy usually walks a lot of Pritchett.

Hopefully Wayne is available to lead, there is nobody else I trust as much as him.

Cindy usually walks a lot of Pritchett.

Hopefully Wayne is available to lead, there is nobody else I trust as much as him.

To date, one of the funnest trails we have run. The Toyota guys "fixing their hair" in the shiney paint of John John's rig, my closer than I realized flop on the last climb, the awesome doughnuts we did on the way back to the highway, and my favorite was Lar looking at the GPS and telling me we were going almost 80 on the highway back to town.

Dog treats inside the muffler of a jeep will make for a smelly day on the trail.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

7df8a4517636af78f14e2df79a89b417.jpg

It’s only for Wrangler owners.

J/K

:)

It’s called Jeep badge of honor program. I’ve posted the above pic before.

There’s an app, you check in by gps on your phone at the trails that they have picked out. You have to enter your VIN.

They send them to you for free after check in.

mac ‘you have to be there...or close’ gyvr
Is Lion's Den a badge of honor trail?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The popcan had one permanently engrained from can opener.

e11d14963cc3baabc815789a89e1f041.jpg

mac ‘made lions den unscathed’ gyvr

And none of Harlan is a badge trail.

Closest is windrock.

mac ‘so far’ gyvr

Haha same thing happened to my rig last time on that trail. I was being sarcastic lol. Jeep wouldn't promote that sort of hardcore lol.

A repost but I felt like I had to

What a great outing! We started out in the coliseum(see if I have to lead again):

Thanks to MacGyver for the winch help. We then met up with others to run trails(thanks to John Pop for leading and showing us the park). Ran Mild to Wild, played in Coliseum again, and ran Nut Check Ravine:

Thanks to K5Matt and Brad for their help. We then ran Full Tilt and finished on Devils Hole(sweet little hill climb). We were so busy having fun, I don't think we even took a group photo(bummer as those are some of my favs).

We then went and ate at this place: https://www.thewellstavern.net/ Great food and lots of local beers(thanks Brad and Molly for dinner).

Went back to campground and drank copious amounts of alcohol(http://moscowmaples.com/).

All in all a great trip with some great people. Thanks to Dan Wheeler for organizing it. Thanks to all who attended and made this a great trip.

Oh Henry I got a Henry. Always wanted a Henry 22 rifle. Traded two revolvers I didn’t shoot a lot for a walther p22 for my wife to shoot and I got a Henry basic 22. Waiting for shop to get them in.

Also two days and no posts, slackers.

So I'm shopping for some tires for my friends Escape. Im inclined to just order some A/Ts like Firestone Destination A/Ts or Cooper ATMs to have better traction in the snow, but since this is her daily I dont want to grab anything too noisy. What do you guys run on your wifes DD? Im probably gonna order off amazon with prime, trying to keep around or under $100 per tire and I'll mount them at my buddys shop.

Treadwright Wardens on the Ferd... way better tire than I ever expected. The new Warden model, has the old BFG A/T tread pattern.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

It's ab235/70/16 so that cuts out treadwright. Thought about general grabber at2 as well. Needs to have good road manners since it'll most likely never leave the pavement

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Are current tires shot, or just not good enough for snow?
If you want the best snow performance, a winter tire like the Cooper Weathermaster will blow away any AT. And they're pretty cheap.

Back