• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Watching my wife open my new quad copter via skype is just not the same as opening it myself.

Watching my wife do anything on skype just is't the same...

We are racing this weekend...

mac 'FYI' gyvr

those are sweet. we have a "cars and coffee" meet every Saturday here in Columbus and a guy has a quad that takes areal photos of the meet. they turn out awesome and make me want one but all the ones ive seen with cameras are out of my price range. I want a yeti too for wheeling around the property.

those are sweet. we have a "cars and coffee" meet every Saturday here in Columbus and a guy has a quad that takes areal photos of the meet. they turn out awesome and make me want one but all the ones ive seen with cameras are out of my price range. I want a yeti too for wheeling around the property.

I want a wraith or a yeti soooo bad. I just can't come off the $400+ for one.

I want a wraith or a yeti soooo bad. I just can't come off the $400+ for one.

right! that's a lot of cash for a "toy". id have to buy my boy one too so we could race each other so that's like $900!!! and you know damn well they wont stay stock once I look up modifying them haha :repair:

I've given up on an electric remote control car for now. I need to sell my nitro car.

The quadcopter's are a way cheaper buy in, we'll see how it goes. Plus there's some things coming that I'll need the quadcopter experience.

The camera for the one that I bought is another $100...I'll wait on that for now. Hopefully by winterfest I can do one and we can get some good aerial photos.

mac 'fly' gyvr

I've given up on an electric remote control car for now. I need to sell my nitro car.

The quadcopter's are a way cheaper buy in, we'll see how it goes. Plus there's some things coming that I'll need the quadcopter experience.

The camera for the one that I bought is another $100...I'll wait on that for now. Hopefully by winterfest I can do one and we can get some good aerial photos.

mac 'fly' gyvr

a quad with a camera for under $200 is awesome! it would take some awesome trail pix too but my luck id flay it off the side of black mountain haha

right! that's a lot of cash for a "toy". id have to buy my boy one too so we could race each other so that's like $900!!! and you know damn well they wont stay stock once I look up modifying them haha :repair:

Thats the truth. I though it would be a very kool hobby for me and the boys to get into. There is cheaper options out there. I've thought about getting one of these redcat RS10's, some guys have done some kool stuff with them on RCcrawler.com

http://www.redcatracing.com/Rockslide-RS10-XT-1-10-Scale-Crawler24_2

They can be had for around $180. And that comes with a battery and remote. So you don't have to buy any extra stuff

work for either one?

mac 'that's cheap' gyvr

standard JST end.

as long as it will fit in the battery holder it will work.
probably a higher discharge rating as well, so more punch.

batteries are a place where OEMs skimp hard.

edit:
with a camera onboard sucking down power as well I'd say you'll robably get about 5 minutes a pack. So if you want to use it to do camera stuff, buy a few. Going to take the little USB (I assume) charger and hour to charge one.
You can charge faster if you want to buy a fancy charger, you can also charge multiple packs in parallel.

Last edited:
I knew Nate would be in on this.
I ordered the camera also, they came yesterday but I am not home to play with it yet.
Friday though, look out!
The first annual Parteeville WI Quadcopted event!

83c7b923fdb9eadab004d0cc04f686ee.jpg

94b31dd42f020c66c4365498c5f7b262.jpg

mac 'love getting mail from you guys' gyvr

Back