• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I've ran both, I like using the D-ring design a lot more because it keeps the strap in place. Otherwise you might back up and lose the strap, and it's just a pain.

For my last one I bought one of these: http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Tow-Ready/TR63046.html

It's more expensive, but the bar is solid steel. It's going on the front of my F350 so I figured I shouldn't take any chances.

This is only to get me through a few wheeling trips and if it breaks, well, it is HF, it should be under warranty.

suck it up Nancy....our forefathers crawled belly deep through mud, snow and all other conditions...even some with a pocket watch shoved in their anus. (sorry, a little Pulp Fiction moment there)

you better get it fixed, b/c we can not have you being out of service for the drinking shenanigans that are going to ensue in T-minus 60 hours

I guess a trip to the ER is in my future today. A chunk of metal decided to imbed itself into the side of my index finger. I would leave it alone but the size and location of it makes me otherwise. I can feel it!!
Actually, you might be farther ahead to go to the urgent care clinic if you've got one of those handy. Those aren't clogged up with people looking for free medical care.

Oh, and metal splinters are nothing to be messed with.

If you don't have an up to date tetanus shot, you're about to!

- Ken "got mine jan 7th 2009 with some stitches on the side" Stein

If you don't have an up to date tetanus shot, you're about to!

- Ken "got mine jan 7th 2009 with some stitches on the side" Stein

7/20/09 here, that day I sent myself an e-mail titled "tetanus" so I can search for it and find it later. Who says electronic medical records aren't the way of the future...

What do they say now, get a shot every 7 years? With the kind of rusty junk I work on I should probably just get one every 3 years... you on the other hand should get a yearly one!

7/20/09 here, that day I sent myself an e-mail titled "tetanus" so I can search for it and find it later. Who says electronic medical records aren't the way of the future...

What do they say now, get a shot every 7 years? With the kind of rusty junk I work on I should probably just get one every 3 years... you on the other hand should get a yearly one!

Got mine in 07 when i busted my chin open on an empty parts basket at work. That would explain why i'm a nazi about oil on the floor in my work area.

I was told ten years. I have till 2019 :D

I get my booster shot every time i work on a jeep... little tetanus never hurt anyone :eyes:

It is actually a common bacteria in soil, not related to rust at all. Any dirty puncture/deep wound (anaerobic) can result in tetanus if the right bacteria ends up in there.

I hate needles and refused that shot when I had to get stitches a few years ago (was within my 10 years, I know should have gotten it, but I figured with the torture of stitches, one less shot then I had to get was better). That was a couple years ago, so I was okay. If something happens again, I will probably just suck it up and have to get it (figured out if I don't look at the needle, I can handle it).

i some times shoot up in the middle of the restaurant just to scare old people.

I hate needles and refused that shot when I had to get stitches a few years ago (was within my 10 years, I know should have gotten it, but I figured with the torture of stitches, one less shot then I had to get was better). That was a couple years ago, so I was okay. If something happens again, I will probably just suck it up and have to get it (figured out if I don't look at the needle, I can handle it).

You must really want Lockjaw.....

I got my last tetanus shot around 2007.

Work related incident. Free.

Kim's post also explains why he didn't answer the phone this morning.

tetanus shot was really tame. Small needle, I've hurt myself worse working on the jeep, and had very minor swelling around the area the next day.

I've got a fear of needles too. As part of my quest to often do things that make my adrenaline surge, I like to go to the tattoo/piercing shop.

XJosh 'largest needle ever to go through my skin was 12ga' 95

I've got a fear of needles too. As part of my quest to often do things that make my adrenaline surge, I like to go to the tattoo/piercing shop.

XJosh 'largest needle ever to go through my skin was 12ga' 95

I always like when im in the hospital getting an IV i tell them i don't like needles while there shoving one right threw the top of my forearm tat.

they really don't bug me at all... I usually watch em put the needle in when I donate blood, get sewn back up, or sew myself back up (I kinda have to watch for that one.)

Put me on the edge of a sloped roof with nothing under me and I'll freak out though. Anything but that.

Truly different strokes. I don't have a problem on a roof. I worked construction in high school and spent some time walking up and down a few roofs in my younger age.

I really dislike needles. I usually break out in a cold sweat during a quarterly blood draw. The phlebs have been known to get a little concerned even I tell them that it's pretty normal for me, in 2-3 minutes, I'll be fine. And I may not like them, but I've got to get used to daily 29 gauge 12mm needles.

Making it an official trailer
9df02881.jpg

a1f9ca03.jpg

mac 'getting it ready for winterfest' gyvr

WHOOP, WHOOP!!!

That is a badass banner if I do say so myself. And I get it in my bedroom this weekend.

...and my new heater :D

ps. I really dislike when people quote and leave pics in the quote, however this time it is necessary. :D

pss. This banner was made by the same dude that does our wf shirts/stickers/mwc swag

Back