• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Xj front swaybars are amazingly strong!

Tow points are stronger.......:eyes:

Flex is right, but what he didnt mention is that a real tow point is a lot smarter.

I, nor NAXJA would never condone the use of a sway bar as a recovery point. Using things like this will at some point get someone hurt, or at least f up your jeep.

Fore 'sorry to sound like a dad' Wheeler

agreed... I might use the swaybar as an emergency recovery point for a light tug but nothing more. It is only held on with two thin sheetmetal straps and four 10mm bolts. Not something I will trust my life to.

It has been alternating between blizzard conditions and 40-50 degrees / sunny here today. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Flex is right, but what he didnt mention is that a real tow point is a lot smarter.

i dont even consider tow hooks a good recovery point. remember the ones i gave you for scrap dan? they had bent the first time i pulled on them. and they started to wreck my frame rails, pulling on the weld nuts. ill never use anything unless its got a good size plate. i dont even get stuck, stuck... just kind of stuck, and cant move because on open/open.

I, nor NAXJA would never condone the use of a sway bar as a recovery point. Using things like this will at some point get someone hurt, or at least f up your jeep.

I meant real tow points. Never had an issue with my C4x4 tow hook brackets or my JCR bumper.

Tow points are stronger.......:eyes:

I meant real tow points. Never had an issue with my C4x4 tow hook brackets or my JCR bumper.

What Dan was saying wasn't argumentative. He was adding to what you said. He knew you meant "real" tow points, but elaborated on not just how much stronger they were but also smarter. :cool:

At least that's my take :dunno:

We all know what we meant, and K knows I wasn't busting his balls, and i was elaborating on what flex said.

So now let's use this thread and talk about important things, like boobs and stuff.

Speaking of boobs... ( . Y . ) bbbbbbrumski!

I really want to see someone drag an Attica skank back to the campgrounds for the night......

What Dan was saying wasn't argumentative. He was adding to what you said. He knew you meant "real" tow points, but elaborated on not just how much stronger they were but also smarter. :cool:

At least that's my take :dunno:

I know it wasn't maing, its all good! :D

Back