• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ID this Fish

Rammin97

NAXJA Forum User
I took my 2 older kids to camp and decided to take the little ones for a little putt up to Lake Sterling. Its off the Cisco Grove exit(I80). My 7 year old hooked this thing while reeling up right before we left. It was so pretty, my daughter didnt want to kill it.. Its a trout but what kind??
LakeSterlingTrout2010.jpg

beautiful brooks... caught me a few of them on the Rubicon trail.. forgot the name of the lake we stopped at and camped for the night. caught a few about 20" or so... John Cappa has the pics.. :)

beautiful brooks... caught me a few of them on the Rubicon trail.. forgot the name of the lake we stopped at and camped for the night. caught a few about 20" or so... John Cappa has the pics.. :)

might be German Browns you got...look pretty close but the Germans have more red around the black spots on the side.

I wanna be wherever that is with a sac of ice cold beers!!!

might be German Browns you got...look pretty close but the Germans have more red around the black spots on the side.

possibly. it just looked very similar to the one this guy posted. still it was a beautiful fish and lost of fun. water up there was crystal clear and mighty cold.

Ya, i was thinking Brookie too but it had no spots.. Kandice is my litttle good luck charm. She got this fishing poll as a gift from Skeet Reese, long story. Everytime I take her out she catches fish.. I will be back up there Saturday and this time its for dinner!!:skull1:

Thanks Guys!!

Kylee/Kandice
Picture105.jpg

Skeet lives/lived up there..... cool dude. i was into the Bass tournys for a little but it got expensive, wish i had enough money put away to travel and fish for a living. maybe when im old!

He is still here. The kids go to school together. I'm not into the Bass thing so i didnt even know who he was till my wife got to know his wife.. He's cool but gone alot!!! I couldnt believe the kinda cash those guys make. I wonder if he would let me use his tow rig to hall my junk? NOT!!!

TowRig.jpg

I wanna be wherever that is with a sac of ice cold beers!!!

Took my girls, poles and a sack of beer up there Wednesday. Couldn't make Sierrafest but need to get the hell out of town....even if it was just an afternoon. Beautiful lake, thanks for the tip.

Jeff

He is still here. The kids go to school together. I'm not into the Bass thing so i didnt even know who he was till my wife got to know his wife.. He's cool but gone alot!!! I couldnt believe the kinda cash those guys make. I wonder if he would let me use his tow rig to hall my junk? NOT!!!

TowRig.jpg

very cool...he is a nice guy.. i met him at a few tutorials back in the day.

Back