• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IC members - Show some interest in the BBQ. Let Ryan know and tell your friends

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Knock knock knock. Is anyone home here?

Steve you are the only guy I've seen post up in well.... Forever.

How would you guys feel about pushing the BBQ back a week? On the 15th I'm flying to Vegas to pick up the giveaway jeep. Would be kind of cool to have a pre Moab viewing and we might sell some tickets.

Where is everyone?

Re: IC BBQ.

Sounds good.

I have been worked to death. I am around, but with no time to post.

Ryan,
I haven't been on this thread, having spent so much time trading private messages with our fearless (National) leader. I can live with pushing it back a week, and apparently Israel is too busy to respond. As far as changing the title of the thread, I am a moderator but don't know how to do so.
Still learning,
Steve

Click on Thread tools and then you can change the title.

But....I am a little concerned at the activity level of our chapter...and from its leaders. Totally understand that work, life and building houses can get in the way of a volinteer job like running a chapter of a jeep club but honestly, there has been almost no participation from anybody about anything around here lately. While I don't mind spending hours cleaning yards, houses and getting ready for a BBQ, I don't want to put a ton of work into it if we don't have anyone show up. It's hard to get anyone to show up unless it is pushed as an event really hard and serious.

If we push it back a week that gives us three weeks to get this ready. Does the chapter have the money up front to pay for burgers? You will make it back but still need to pay for it up front. Does the BOD plan to be there to help cook, clean up and take care of whatever needs to be taken care of? Like I said....I have no issue what so ever making sure we have a great place to host it and I am no stranger to sweating over a grill. I just want to make sure I have a little help.

I guess what I am getting at is that if we want to have this come off as a successful BBQ, the chapter needs to see the leaders pushing it. Having the Give a way jeep here will help a little but it needs to be at the top of peoples minds so they don't forget and make other plans.

It is looking like the treasury has some money. I don't know if national will ever figure out their issues, but until they do we have about $300 to front the BBQ. They are only looking at $100 of it. Israel says he has some T-shirt money coming, but he doesn't seem really anxious about it.
I will help do whatever. Set up, clean up, cook, etc. I flipped burgers at the 29th Fall Fling for about 1.5 hours.

:chef:Actually,
I ended up with a $100 gift certificate from Quadratec and a $25 one from HD Offroad engineering in the drawing. I guess not all good deeds get punished.

Actually,
I ended up with a $100 gift certificate from Quadratec and a $25 one from HD Offroad engineering in the drawing. I guess not all good deeds get punished.

I should be able to help with what I can. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
What can I do/bring that will help?

The first thing that needs to happen is get the date changed then make sure everyone knows. I can't do it. One of you mods will need to.

Pimp the giveaway jeep being there too.

I can do my best to make friday night free if you want some help setting up.
Who is picking up the goods and what all do we need? Coolers? Extra BBQ? Tables? Shade Canopy? Porta pottie? Chairs? Portable fire pit? Clowns? Strippers?
I am not sure what the ward compound has to offer so let me know I can make some of these happen.

I can still pick up some burgers from Circle V in Spanish Fork. I have a cooler I can bring them in and we can use for anything else we may need.

I can be there in the morning to help set up. Let me know what you need, Ryan.

I can still pick up some burgers from Circle V in Spanish Fork. I have a cooler I can bring them in and we can use for anything else we may need.

I can be there in the morning to help set up. Let me know what you need, Ryan.

Thanks mate.. I wish we knew a good head count. I'm going to do a FB event for it too. Try and pimp that jeep a little.

If you guys can be there early that would be great. We shouldn't have too much to set up but every little bit helps. I'm actually hoping some guys can come early and do a little work on the give a way jeep.

Thanks mate.. I wish we knew a good head count.

Maybe we should guess low and plan on serving food around 4:00 after some fun and games. That way, if more than expected show up, we can make a run for the store.

If you guys can be there early that would be great. We shouldn't have too much to set up but every little bit helps. I'm actually hoping some guys can come early and do a little work on the give a way jeep.

Will 10:00am work, or were you thinking sooner?

We have the eat time listed as 2:00PM on this thread.

Israel, 10 should work fine.

That goes for the rest of you too. If you can't make it that early thats ok.

Back