• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think rusty's if off their rocker...

Yes tell me, why would a company trying to sell their products want to promote a custom fabbed long arm system shown out flexing theirs? Think maybe they are trying to pass the custom fabbed shit off as their own?

Fryphax said:
Yes tell me, why would a company trying to sell their products want to promote a custom fabbed long arm system shown out flexing theirs? Think maybe they are trying to pass the custom fabbed shit off as their own?

Hmm, I was under the impression they were selling the FRONT longarm suspension. :shhh:

Yes they are selling the Front Long Arm Suspension and those pics are of sastified customers who have their front Long Arm Kit...

People will always look for a damned why to tear somebody else down wont they?

When rustys first was opened they ran into many problems, but in the past year, to year and a half theyve really shaped up, service wise, and product wise..

They sell a frickin FRONT LONG ARM KIT

Why does the suspension on the rear of an XJ in their picture have to have any relation with the kit they sell on the FRONT!?!

Come on buddy, chill out... the rear has nothing to do w/what they sell

Speed_racer said:

When rustys first was opened they ran into many problems, but in the past year, to year and a half theyve really shaped up, service wise, and product wise..

Why does the suspension on the rear of an XJ in their picture have to have any relation with the kit they sell on the FRONT!?!

The red XJ is one of our own. CRUZZINXJ out of Co.

Funny thing is, that picture was taken with a Skyjacker system with CA drop.

Speed_racer said:

i dotn really care one way or another and am not taking sides.

basically some jackass who sees that pic and says "i want my xj to do that" (not i want my front end to flex like that, or i want my rear end to flex like that, but i want my jeep to do that) then buys the kit thinking it will let his vehicle do that. also another thing to note is that it is a kit for sale not a long arm upgrade that the photos are illustrating. so an uniformed person who doesnt apy attention to detail might take it the wrong way. i guess the best way to put it is people might take it as product misrepresentation by the manufacturer. the same would be the case if it were a 6" long arm kit and showed 10 vehicles all running 42" tires. people would get the idea that with this 6" long arm kit i can run 42" tires, which again just isnt the case.

Hunter

Hunter-Lynchburg said:

basically some jackass who sees that pic and says "i want my xj to do that" (not i want my front end to flex like that, or i want my rear end to flex like that, but i want my jeep to do that) then buys the kit thinking it will let his vehicle do that. also another thing to note is that it is a kit for sale not a long arm upgrade that the photos are illustrating. so an uniformed person who doesnt apy attention to detail might take it the wrong way. i guess the best way to put it is people might take it as product misrepresentation by the manufacturer. the same would be the case if it were a 6" long arm kit and showed 10 vehicles all running 42" tires. people would get the idea that with this 6" long arm kit i can run 42" tires, which again just isnt the case.

Hunter
I see what you're saying, but in the main picture on that page (of CRUZZINXJ), at the time that picture was taken, that XJ doesn't have even one part from rusty's on the whole rig. WTF

However AFAIK he has since put on a Rusty's LA kit. Just not in that picture.

That was my point, they are using pictures of a rig not even running their products. Misrepresentation? I think so. I also thought that 2Mud-In could very well have no clue his rigs picture is on rusty's site.

Hunter-Lynchburg said:

Hunter

It's just like when they have a huge, ripped, body builder working out on the Bow Flex in the commercial. Intelligent people realize that he most likely go that big using a variety of other machines, but some people will buy the product because they think that the machine will make them "look like him".
Billy

Hunter-Lynchburg said:

Hunter
Aw shud up ya long haired, nail polish wearing, droopy the love machine driving, whiner!

Actually there where a few Rusty's parts on my rig when i got it. The picture in question was with the Sky Jacker lift on the Rubicon, Rusty's web guy got them mixed up with some other pictures. I also built alot of my Bro's Jeep which did have the Long Arm Kit installed a couple of years ago when it first came out. Look for some new pictures of the XJ with the long arms on it from Moab in the near future.
Heres a list of the Rusty's Parts on there today

Long Arm Kit
Steering Brace
Tranny Skid Plate
Engine Skid Plate
Front Stinger Bumper - Prototype
Flares
Aluminum Roof Rack - Prototype

Future Rusty Mods
Exaust
Side Rockers
Tank Skid
Rear Bumper
Cuzzin_XJ

Okie Terry said:
I see what you're saying, but in the main picture on that page (of CRUZZINXJ), at the time that picture was taken, that XJ doesn't have even one part from rusty's on the whole rig. WTF

However AFAIK he has since put on a Rusty's LA kit. Just not in that picture.

Oh Shoot, sorry guys, maybe i miss represented myself, my link to my picture doesn't have the Atlas in it, oh no the Cage isn't in it eitgher, and god forbid niether is the Stinger Bumper, Get a grip guys, Go find something else to wine about
Cruizzin_XJ

Cruzzin_XJ said:
Oh Shoot, sorry guys, maybe i miss represented myself, my link to my picture doesn't have the Atlas in it, oh no the Cage isn't in it eitgher, and god forbid niether is the Stinger Bumper, Get a grip guys, Go find something else to wine about
Cruizzin_XJ

Thanks. Take your axes elsewhere. Grinding stones are available.

Back