• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunters/archers

saw a few nice bucks out at 120 yards....lots of yearlings and does....too freakin hot and windy as hell.....

damn...jealous...still stuck on the east coast for 3 more days. then there will be lots of time spent in the field and in the duck boat.

I've been getting squirrels almost every day lately :spin1:

yea but squirrel tastes like @$$. we also have 1 red and 2 white coyotes I may have a go at this year, some of my chickens are missing

Only our local coyotes know what the squirrels taste like. If they don't drop on the farm side of the fence, which is where they come from, I pitch them over there. They are always gone in the morning.

seen a couple last weekend. 2 minute walk behind my parents house. lol.

hand my hands in my pocket and a big doe and a yearling snuck in on me. she knew something was up... nose in the air, looking right at my direction. i just sat and watched. was hoping that if she let under her own power, she would possibly come back the next day. obviously id have taken a shot if given the chance... she didnt give me that chance though, and didnt come back the next day.

im all about the meat... antlers dont mean shit to me. you cant eat those. and i WONT take a buck during the rut unless its to be mounted. they are so loaded with testosterone, they taste like shit.

seen a couple last weekend. 2 minute walk behind my parents house. lol.

hand my hands in my pocket and a big doe and a yearling snuck in on me. she knew something was up... nose in the air, looking right at my direction. i just sat and watched. was hoping that if she let under her own power, she would possibly come back the next day. obviously id have taken a shot if given the chance... she didnt give me that chance though, and didnt come back the next day.

im all about the meat... antlers dont mean shit to me. you cant eat those. and i WONT take a buck during the rut unless its to be mounted. they are so loaded with testosterone, they taste like shit.

X2

Way to hot this weekend, saw nothing. Sitting in my lazy boy watchibg people "hunt" on outdoor channel.

I took my nephew out for wisconsins 'mentored' youth hunt. There was a full moon and it got up to 80 so the deer weren't moving... I did find out that having an 11 year old with you when talking to locals gets them to offer up private land access without even asking :) were going to be back at it for the gun season

Too early for bow hunting, I wait until they are in full rut, late Oct, early November. Then they are stupid from the hormones.

Where do you hunt, BJ?

see... in the rut id gladly take a buck if it was worth mounting. but they are so full of testosterone that the meat tastes like crap. ill take a doe any day. freezer needs to be full before i start picking my shots.

Not mine but my buddy took it this morning at my grandmas.

IMAG0232.jpg

we need cold weather and about a foot of rain to make the waterfowling outlook a little better here in central iowa. of course the year i build a duckboat is the year we have no water

Bow thisweekend

Lesslimited is invited

I have some pig fawker on game cam gotta post up

Scrapes and rubs are going.

Rut predictions say this year is gonna make up for the last two

Back