• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunters/archers

a gathering of fellow MWC patrons that shoot guns, roast a hog, eat and drink and be merry! And on occassion blow shit up!

Ive been using an 870 Wingmaster to deer hunt it was my Dads. Im looking to get an Omega Ive been wanting one for a long time. I dont get much time to hunt as I would like but I still enjoy it.

Never been bird hunting. The wingmaster was my Dads bird gun. I have all his duck decoys now and they just sit there.

Ive been using an 870 Wingmaster to deer hunt it was my Dads. Im looking to get an Omega Ive been wanting one for a long time. I dont get much time to hunt as I would like but I still enjoy it.

Never been bird hunting. The wingmaster was my Dads bird gun. I have all his duck decoys now and they just sit there.

Take Steve with you, he could be your bird dog! :D

I am so ready for October! Just polished off my last pack of venison steaks.

Any other hunters here? What do you use?

I prefer bow but also rifle hunt. Have a old arsse golden eagle bow, and rifle hunt with a saveage 30-06, and marlin .444

matthews dxt, 28" 70 lb.

shoot fixed g5's

pic from the stand.

beans this year.

stand1.jpg

Were you hunting already this year beezil?

You mean for a whitetail season?

No.

Pic is last season

I have several stands in van buren co mi. As you know, best we can do for early opportunity is shoot the early special pvt land only sept 15th i believe? Or is it the last week in sept?

I usually hit opening and dont go out again until late oct.

The only other season i do in mi is muzzleloader

I do rifle thanksgiving holidY week in miller co mo. On a 550 acre chunk of private. Then i hit michigan hard until late season

I hunt anything that Kansas has to offer. Deer hunt with 308 on mauser action, semi-heavy barrel, synthetic stock, Leupold 3-9x40 scope. Enjoy handgun hunting...big Freedom Arms and old smith and wesson guy.

Ready for Fall myself. Mathews Bows, Knight Muzzle loader and Mossberg Slug guns are the weapons of choice.

PSE Typhoon 65LBS 30 inch draw, wife has a Mathews Ignition, sons have a Bear recurve, Diamond Edge, a Martin, and my grandson now has a Browning Micro midas. My newest daughter-in-law shot my wifes bow and now wants to trade her used Parker for a Mathews., the middle boy and I hunt the Metroparks in Dayton. They have a bow-Hunting program for Deer control, in the metroparks.

300 Weatherby - Elk
375 H&H - Buffalo (drawing a tag on this one is tough, I cull a local land owners herd)
270 Winchester - Deer
338 Win Mag - Alsakan Moose (got one a couple of years ago returning this year, Highly Recommend this hunt)
12 guage Rem Wing Master pump for birds

if you put it where it counts, thats all that matters, we have been checking my kids and grandkids so they can pass down "
the baby bows"
good eye!

I'm a little ambi.

I favored lefty as a kid. folks nagged me out of it.

shoot shot gun and rifle righty

trying to re-learn pistol lefty.

cross-eye dominance sucks

300 Weatherby - Elk
375 H&H - Buffalo (drawing a tag on this one is tough, I cull a local land owners herd)
270 Winchester - Deer
338 Win Mag - Alsakan Moose (got one a couple of years ago returning this year, Highly Recommend this hunt)
12 guage Rem Wing Master pump for birds

Elk! Me jealous

Buffalo! Me super jealous.

Alaskan moose! F u guy! ;)

Back