• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How kewl would it be to fly in a B-17??

That would be sweet!

A buddy of mine did this a couple of years ago and said he would gladly do it again, even considering the cost.

A buddy of mine did this a couple of years ago and said he would gladly do it again, even considering the cost.

That is kind of what I'm thinking, specially if I can get the 7 yr old son up there with me....I could be Dad of the Month....:cheers:

I would do this if I wasn't so poor.

who needs money when you have plastic:scared:
and don't ya know this just popped up the week after I just ordered my new rear springs.....:(

I had a very dear friend who flew 17's and 24's in WW II and Korea. The stories he told....

my grandfather was a 17 tailgunner in the war.... got to see one when it came to knoxville in the mid 90s it was very cool

I haven't committed yet....but I'm leaning that way....
they take 9 passengers per flight, you are only in your seat for take of and landing, total program 45 min, 30 in the air, No age restriction.....so the 7 yr old is eligible to fly........:viking:
just looked at my work schedule...awful day on Saturday.....minimal on Sunday, so we could likely fit it in....hmmmparty1:

Do it! I've been in the Sentimental journey twice out in AZ but never had the money to fly on it. What an amazing machine! There is nothing like the smell of it either. Some day I will...

Do it! I've been in the Sentimental journey twice out in AZ but never had the money to fly on it. What an amazing machine! There is nothing like the smell of it either. Some day I will...

I've been thinking about you since this idea of the adventure started 4 days ago....I'm excited about it, but I'm really excited about taking Jake up...I think that will be the ultimate. I still haven't committed...may have to see how I survive work tomorrow! How are you doing over in the sandbox??

I wanna go!!!

I wanna go!!!

I'm thinking the 1pm flight....gives me time to get two pts done (who are not anywhere near each other),get flight done, and get Jr to the birthday party at 3pm...ALL on one hour less sleep....hmmm

na...kidding, sounds REAL cool though! Ya'll will have fun for sure. I'm saving my cash for LA's.

Did it today around 2pm, with the 7yr old son....OMG! What a wild ride that was! That was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I can't imagine spending hours, or all day in that thing...the term Primitive comes to mind!
2011-03-13135926.jpg

2011-03-13125522.jpg

2011-03-13125708.jpg

2011-03-13130150.jpg

that was a very special experience....:D

Back