• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I keep my coils from falling out???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I dont even remember who the op was.

Nobody knows because he's only posted twice in this three page thread. The other 90% of the posts have just been people bashing the OP and assuming way too much about his intentions and/or plans. I find it a little ridiculous and potential detrimental to the reputation of naxja. Let's leave the unnecessary jackass-ary to pirate :D

And yes, I know there is a lot of lighthearted joking around going on, but it's usually at the OP's expense.

For all we know, the OP already has bumps and straps and/or longer springs installed, yet the bashing continues...

Nobody knows because he's only posted twice in this three page thread. The other 90% of the posts have just been people bashing the OP and assuming way too much about his intentions and/or plans. I find it a little ridiculous and potential detrimental to the reputation of naxja. Let's leave the unnecessary jackass-ary to pirate :D

And yes, I know there is a lot of lighthearted joking around going on, but it's usually at the OP's expense.

For all we know, the OP already has bumps and straps and/or longer springs installed, yet the bashing continues...

:yap::rattle::rattle::rattle:

And there's a reason for that ;)

That's an argument not worth having, though. I'll continue trying to be convinced into it though.

If you want to be on a board where only positive comments are allowed, heaed on over to JF, or Expo

The 1st amendment is still in place here, for better or worse

The op posted pics of his rig, no limit straps or bump stops. I think that is by definition guilty? He could post back up proving innocence. If the coil is unseating by more than 6", no bump stops, and shocks that are too long, it's only a matter of time before he drops of a ledge or a rock and the shock comes through the hood. Even if the coils aren't falling out, the force generated by the body free falling back onto the spring will start breaking things. Would you prefer the reputation of this board be butt kissing bad ideas or good solid experience based advice?

If you want to be on a board where only positive comments are allowed, heaed on over to JF, or Expo

The 1st amendment is still in place here, for better or worse

I wholeheartedly support the first amendment being in place at naxja as well as constructive criticism. But there's a big difference between constructive criticism and ridicule. The latter of which isn't useful at all.

Disclaimer: Some posters earn ridicule. This doesn't seem to be one of them.

The op posted pics of his rig, no limit straps or bump stops. I think that is by definition guilty? He could post back up proving innocence. If the coil is unseating by more than 6", no bump stops, and shocks that are too long, it's only a matter of time before he drops of a ledge or a rock and the shock comes through the hood. Even if the coils aren't falling out, the force generated by the body free falling back onto the spring will start breaking things. Would you prefer the reputation of this board be butt kissing bad ideas or good solid experience based advice?

Remember, we were all ignorant once. There has been some great (and correct) advice in this thread. Just because someone is running a certain configuration, doesn't mean that they are sold on it or aren't open to changing it. If they're anything like me it's either because they didn't know any better, or (more likely for me at least) can't afford it! Lol you better believe I'd have one nice rig if money was no object. But then again, welcome to the world of JEEPS :banghead:

There is lots of stuff that can be done on the cheap, not always preferred but gets the job done.
I remember a buddy of mine making some limit straps out of 1/4" steel cable and some cable clamps.his rig was a crawler/dd(no go fast)only and needed to keep his brake lines from being the limit straps. Cheap and effective.
The op asked and we answered.

you gotta have thick skin around here. but there is a reason why NAXJA is such a big cherokee community. a LOT of people here know what they are talking about.

if a mechanic tells you your an idiot, and that you spliced your cheap flood lights into the wrong wire and fried your ECU (hypothetically of course), are you going to tell him your not changing anything, and to just fix it as it is? or tell him hes not being nice? so our delivery of opinion is harsh, does that make it any less useful or true?

your defending a guy who already knew the problem, already knew what the general concensus would say, but just wanted to throw it out there anyway. let it go boss.

Funny how folks that aren't club members are so worried about the reputation of the club
i was thinking that too... alas, i usually dont like to pull that card.

There is a reason why a lot of "members" have went black...

This thread is one of them. Is all the flaming really necessary? Take your interweb tough guys acts over to Pirate.

People making jokes aren't being tough guys, they're making lite of the fact that the op know the right way to fix it, but wants some other alternative. I have suffered from being hard headed and payed the price. I defended my decision to go 4.88's, and blew them up on the second trip out. I got the hp44 front to replace my blown up 30 for $150, so live and learn. If people with experience tell you the right way, you refuse it, and you end up breaking parts, just admit you were wrong.

There is a reason why a lot of "members" have went black...

This thread is one of them. Is all the flaming really necessary? Take your interweb tough guys acts over to Pirate.

Alternatively, you could pull up your skirt and stop crying.

It takes some getting use to. I've had my share of flaming and I'm still alive and around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back