• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home defense.

This is a repost, not that I am getting on you for that, but there was a good discussion about this if you search for the previous thread.

A. I've sold at least a few dozen of them ( working for Academy sports & outdoor) and I don't know why people buy them.
B. They suck for ANYTHING further than 10 feet as far as the .410 is concerned.
C. They suck on the recoil when you shoot them.
D. I'd rather spend my $500 on a Snake Charmer 12 ga. and a .357 magnum pistol SEPERATELY.

The only real selling point is that it fits in your pocket easily and you can kill a snake/squirrel with it or some piece of shit trying to car-jack you.

.45 cowboy and the .410 ammo are both extremely expensive compared to say 20/12 ga or .38/.357 mag ammo.

Every which way I look it's a lose lose lose situation.

Plus Taurus sucks.

--Alex

EDIT: if you cant hit someone from any window of your car with a normal pistol then you probably shouldn't have a gun anyhow.

Last edited:
I've shot my buddies judge. It's a fun gun to own just cause it is what it is, but I'd rather had my .357 snub in the same situation.

I may pick up a judge someday, just to say I have one.

As for the Taurus haters, thbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt.

Not sure about the usefullness of that but it looks like it would be fun to shoot. I just picked up one of these the other day. It will be my new vehicle gun. It's the compact M&P (smith & wesson) 9mm. It's just as small as the Glock 27 ( I think that's the designation for the compact glock) Comes with 10 or 12 round mags and three different backstraps for the grip. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it in the next week or so.
MPcompact.jpg

C'mon anything is more comfortable than a glock. They are too light to absorb any of the recoil. I don't like the feel of a plastic toy in my hands while shooting. I prefer the feel of a N framed S&W .357 Mag. Feels like a gun. Plus I think John Wayne would probly punch any man who owned a toy pistol!

i have bird shot for my .22 i don't shoot them regularly but if someone breaks in they will have a few pellets in thier ass. I don't think they will come back after that

MS50440lg.jpg
Quantity in Stock: 21 (Info. about our stock quantities)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Catalog
Number
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Price[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quantity[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] MS50440 [/FONT] MOSSBERG 500 CRUISER SHOTGUN 12/18.5/CYL PISTOL GRIP 6SH

This shotgun is a Mossberg Special Purpose Shotgun Model: Cruiser. Proven performance and peace of mind. Mossberg Cruiser Models are equipped with a Pistol Grip stock instead of a full length shoulder stock. About Mossberg 500 Shotguns

buying tonight^^:roll:

have a three story condo and need something that'll make defending a couple staircases simple.

Shorty said:
MS50440lg.jpg
Number
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Price[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quantity[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MS50440 [/FONT]MOSSBERG 500 CRUISER SHOTGUN 12/18.5/CYL PISTOL GRIP 6SH

This shotgun is a Mossberg Special Purpose Shotgun Model: Cruiser. Proven performance and peace of mind. Mossberg Cruiser Models are equipped with a Pistol Grip stock instead of a full length shoulder stock. About Mossberg 500 Shotguns

have a three story condo and need something that'll make defending a couple staircases simple.

Save your money and buy a Remington 870. The pistol grip SG is nice for breaching doors, but that is about it. Either a full length stock or an AR style collapsible stock is best for combat/home defense.

I would highly recommend this set up on a pump action Remington 870 SG: http://www.knoxx.com/products/SpecOps_Stock.php

Shorty said:
MS50440lg.jpg
Number
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Price[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quantity[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MS50440 [/FONT]MOSSBERG 500 CRUISER SHOTGUN 12/18.5/CYL PISTOL GRIP 6SH

Thats my trunk gun. It's always with me. It's just what I wanted. A simple throw away shottie that works. So if it is stolen I'm only out a buck fiddy.

Defending a couple staircases? What, you expecting the Colubian drug cartels to storm the building?

:D
Good lookin shotgun though

Just did this to my Mossburg 500. Found this side saddle and speed feed stock at Midway USA. I thought the stock was pretty cool. It holds 2 shells on each side in a spring loaded tube. Sorts like a tubular magazine. Also extremely easy to install. For some reason I've just never cared much for a pistol grip on a shot gun.
mossberg.jpg

I also have an old long barrel 500 that will get similar treatment one day. Right now it's sole purpose is shooting doves.

I prefer full stocks too but then I consider butt strokes useful in close combat. Neck, throat, jaw, kidneys, nuts, they are all good...

I wouldn't have much use for the pistol grip either, except that in tight spaces it can be easier to maneuver quickly. This one won't see the light of day with the exception of the break in, cleaning, and testing. It's just for the "heat of the moment" point and shoot-- I'm figuring if anyone gets to the top of the steps after that, I'm screwed anyway:twak:

Get it. I have the 500 with pistol grips front and rear....great for tight spaces, fun to shoot trap with :D

0426081517.jpg

:D

Back