• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HIGH CLEARANCE STUBBY BUMPERS. Starting at $255 with *FREE SHIPPING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted up some pictures of all the work i have been doing in my build thread on jeepforum. first thing mentioned was your bumper, who makes it and where did i get it.

ok so just so i have this correct the stubbys come either blank or winced and the price difference is 25? and if i order the complete bumper i add 175 for the wings which are removable? and 30 dollars if i want the inside steering brace? i really like those bumpers. do you by chance have a pics of the bumpers with the mountiung system and everything to show how it is laid out. and when do you expect to have the hoops and stingers available?

ok so just so i have this correct the stubbys come either blank or winced and the price difference is 25? and if i order the complete bumper i add 175 for the wings which are removable? and 30 dollars if i want the inside steering brace? i really like those bumpers. do you by chance have a pics of the bumpers with the mountiung system and everything to show how it is laid out. and when do you expect to have the hoops and stingers available?

Yes... and no. since NAXJA will not let us vendors edit our post there is a tid bit left out about how if you order an ORS bumper the steering box plate is only $25. A complete bumper with wings and steering plate is $475 to your door.

Still working on getting the roll bender together for the grill gaurds. I'm trying but I may not get them released this month. :tear:

img6435zp.jpg

img6429c.jpg

img6396c.jpg

Is it my eyes or are all your pictures taken on a RHD XJ/MJ?

Also, do you think you can make a 'mid-clearance' option between the normal and integrated winch setup? Something where the top of the bumper sticks out maybe an inch beyond the grille in the middle? All you'd have to do is make the side plates maybe an inch or two longer.

That or I'll just wait to see what 'grille guards' you come up with.

I'm leaning in your direction if I decide not to sell my Jeep. Love my bumper now, but I need something with a better approach angle than I already have.

here's a pic of the intergrated winch bumper installed.

IMG_6951.jpg

Hmmm...wonder if you could mount a stock bumper skin over that?

Going for that sleeper look.

since you said you havent gotten any pics from any customers and i told you i would get you some...

photobucket-8770-1318127854025.jpg

photobucket-5594-1318127844264.jpg

photobucket-8872-1318127835535.jpg

photobucket-8508-1318127814308.jpg

I'm sure you could... it's just a matter of bolting the bumper brackets over the ORS bumper... then cutting a hole for the winch cable and tow points. I have not done it... but pondered the idea.

-Chris.

i mocked my stock bumper up to it while doing the install, you would have to trim the top of the stock bumper off that would cover the new one and then cut for the corners of the stubby and the d ring hoops but other than that it would probably work. wouldnt look totally stock but damn near close.

oh yea, bumper worked out great over the weekend, pulled another rig a few times with it and no annoying creaking from the unibody.

any progress on the brush guard idea? or making the bumper stick out in front/side to follow the contour of the 97+ front end?

Man I wish. I have spent all month trying to finish up some custom builds. I'll be done with the YJ I'm doing today, and should be able to get back on this stuff soon. As for fallowing the "contour" they all have the same profile so the way it looks on the 96- and is the same as it would on the 97+

Looks nice! Would there be a way to get one with the stock bumper brackets welded on for that power wagon look, I dont know how to weld, but I could to the cutting of my bumper myself.

Last edited:
Sorry it's taken me so long to answer this. I've been away from the board for the past week.
They could be bolted on... all the factory mounts that bolt the stock bumper on are used to bolt my bumper in place too. Though from feedback I have gotten, the tow hooks I use will not work with the factory bumper. Also keep in mind that some trimming of the factory bumper would be needed to clear the top edge below the grill. This is not something I have ever done myself. But there have been a few customers who have bought my bumper with the same idea to use it as a hidden winch mount.
get with me if you are interested and I would be happy to make you a one off with the proper modifications to do this.
-Chris.

Any word on the hoops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back