• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H2's...hahh

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
2 questions....first i'm sitting here at work right now and i always park right out front and right now a wise guy driving a hummer pulls in next to me...he looked at my cherokee w/ a 4" lift and 31's and kinda smirked so i was just curious b/c i have a sticker that says H2 recovery team being made as we speak...how many inches does an xj need to be as tall (roof line) as a stock H2? Second, if i ever wanted to go a few inches taller, would i need ANOTHER new d/s??? I just had an AA SYE and TW d/s installed for the 4 inch...but what about a year from now if i want to go up to 5 or 6"....new d/s again??? Thanks for any help...

JeepXJ93 said:
2 questions....first i'm sitting here at work right now and i always park right out front and right now a wise guy driving a hummer pulls in next to me...he looked at my cherokee w/ a 4" lift and 31's and kinda smirked so i was just curious b/c i have a sticker that says H2 recovery team being made as we speak...how many inches does an xj need to be as tall (roof line) as a stock H2? Second, if i ever wanted to go a few inches taller, would i need ANOTHER new d/s??? I just had an AA SYE and TW d/s installed for the 4 inch...but what about a year from now if i want to go up to 5 or 6"....new d/s again??? Thanks for any help...
I run about 8-9 inches with 35s...Its not anywhere near as tall as an H2. I often wonder what kind of garages people have who own them. I know my jeep BARLY fits in my standard 7 foot garage.

They are a total PIA to haul on a transport too. Really heavy and so wide they won't fit on the ramps....I bet they work good back east in the tight woods.

LOL i hear ya, there are some local trials down the street from my house and i challenged an H2 who was upset b/c they overheard me and my buddies knocking the size and wieght and how they were underpowered and he didnt want to come b/c he was afraid he'd get stuck.

WOW 8-9" w/ 35's and still not close? Sittin here lookin at my pathetic little 4" lifted xj, it seems like all i would need is 5 more inches or so and i'd be even, not to mention a tire w/ 3 more inches of sidewall? That seems like i'd be at least level w/ the roof of this guy? It does make my entire jeep look like a toy though- PPOS...pointless pile of steel.

why do you care if you are as high as an H2, we all know that a mild built, or even some stock jeeps will whip the $hit out of them overpriced, ego-boosting, "i had to buy one to look young and cool, and i have a small johnson"....... hunks of turd GM H2..

so who care's, they are waaaay to wide and to tall to fit anyhwhere but the sand dunes.

Man, my 94 XJ w/ 6" of lift and 33x12.50s is still shorter than my bone stock 99 CTD 2500 4x4.

i guess its the ground clearance that xj's are good for, i'd rather be short and not as wide as an H2 b/c then i wouldnt be able to fit through half the trails i do now. Anyone have any ideas about my d/s question? Maybe i should post that in the tech section?

JeepXJ93 said:
i guess its the ground clearance that xj's are good for, i'd rather be short and not as wide as an H2 b/c then i wouldnt be able to fit through half the trails i do now. Anyone have any ideas about my d/s question? Maybe i should post that in the tech section?
i agree. my xj's roof is real close the the roof on my sister's tahoe. she's always poking fun at me about how close they are in height. but then i try to roll a basketball under hers and it can't get past the step rails. it's all about ground clearance.

i wouldn't even worry about the H2s. you said it best with the pile of steel comment. basically its the penile challenged who buy them, because they feel like the only way to show how much money they have is by wasteing it.

i have a friend who will help anybody out on a trail (as it should be) if they are stuck...but here's the kicker: he charges H2 owners! he says the cost and weoght of the vehicle is directly proportionate to the annoyance factor and so they must pay.

biscuitboy87 said:
i have a friend who will help anybody out on a trail (as it should be) if they are stuck...but here's the kicker: he charges H2 owners!

LMAO

My xj has 2.5inches of lift and 28inch tires. I've parked next to several H2s to get a comparison and I have around 3 more inches of ground clearance than they do and stock they come with 33 inch tires. I wouldn't worry cause no h2 is going to ever be able to follow your xj on 31s period. There are a lot of videos out there of h2s breaking on trails I would take my car on and I've never seen any h2s on any of the trails I run around. If someone gave me an h2 for free I'd sell it to buy jeep parts

JeepXJ93 said:

I once had a disccusion with a VP here at work and he was telling me all about his H2; he had just got one, and how much better it was then my XJ at stock and even modified.

I told him that he can argue and wax poetic about the H2 all he wants but the fact of the matter is those road in the forests and the deserts and the mountains will all ways be called "Jeep Trails". :)

Nothing more needs to be said. :lecture:

Best response to that situation was the guy who looked at the H2, smirked and said, "Nice Tahoe."
Seriously, if you build to match an H2 you'll end up as capable as an H2.
Do you really WANT to be a poser?

I like this one

Look close, the rear window has "F*** Hippies" written in the dust. Yeah, f*** you too, jack ass. Why's your H2 up on a flatbed? Couldn't handle the potholes on the way to the grocery store?

me have big penis
me make fun of others rig
me have bigger penis...
1dycgp

LOL that hate site is great, i was un-aware about the gas mileage and all that info. Just more reasons to tear it up.

Ranger thats sick dude lol

Back