• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Why not just get an AK instead? Unless you bought it used Minis are by no means cheap.

Keep those stock parts too just in case you end up in a AWB situation. I've actually been passively looking out for an inexpensive Mini 14 so I can have a featureless 5.56 rifle.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the plastic, but it does snug up to my cheek better. The original stock is just too small for Zac or myself.

I have decided I would like a S&W M&P Shield. Matter fact, I was out looking today. I went to the gunstore closest to my house and they just happen have it on the shelf in both 9 and 40. I was ready to purchase but they want $569 for it! Thats too much, imo. The msrp is ony $430ish. I read about people finding them for $400-$450 which I would be fine with. Seems like they are pretty scarce right now. I am thinking I may need to wait till the later part of the year for the supply and demand to even out.

Anybody out there know where one could be had in Colorado <$450? I would be fine backordering if required

For anybody interested in a M&P shield, I have found some that just now came into stock and will not last long.

I have been looking all over town. Most people do not have in stock and are not takinig orders. The couple time I have found them in stock they have wanted about $600...best deal I found was the $569 I posted before which is WAY to much, IMO.

Anyway, G&R tactical is the place I just found and for $445 (plus $15)
www.gandrtactical.com

I have spoken with them on the phone and so far they have been great to deal with. I researched their company and have found others on ar15.com that have had good experience with them.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if these are gone fast.

EDIT: actually did a little more research. Looks like there is no love for GandR from arfcom. Seems it was more an issue with their online forum reb being a douche. I still find lots of people that say they are happy with GandR and lots of people that have placed orders without an issue. Will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
for shits and giggles I took a look again today...both the 9 and 40 are already sold out. Not surprised considering I have literally seen these sell the minute they bring them out of the back for $600+

Have any of you guys handled one of these? Would you pay $600 for a shield?

Here's my story. I'm a pretty experienced pistol guy I would say. I shoot practical pistol competitions almost every weekend. I work very part-time facilitating/coordinating a competition league at a local indoor range. I shoot about 1k-1.5k rounds per month.

I was waiting and waiting for a Shield late last year. I knew that's what I wanted since my primary platform is the M&P and I love them. I finally gave up waiting to find one at a decent price and bought a Walther PPS. I shoot it and I love it. It handles really well for a subcompact 9mm. Ergos are fine by me, shoots accurately and more like a bigger gun.

Sure as shit, two weeks after I buy the PPS I get a heads up that Sportsman's in Thornton got a big shipment of them. I went up early the next morning to see if any were left. I bought two since I knew a good friend was looking for one as well.

I took it to the range the day I got it. Shot it side-by-side the PPS. I ended up preferring the PPS so much that I kept it and sold the Shield right away. It wasn't a bad gun at all. In fact, if I had bought it first I would have been just as happy as long as I had never shot a PPS later. lol

The thumb safety is nearly useless. I handled one early last year when they first hit the streets. The thumb safety was not operable by my strong hand thumb. I had to hit it with my weak hand. The one that I bought later on was much better, but still not great. Pretty stiff and not a lot there to get a purchase on. The PPS feels a little bigger and was easier to handle and more comfortable actually, to me.

Would I pay $600 for a Shield? Hard to say. With the current market it's tough to say for sure. How desperate are you to have it or something comparable? Are you interested in anything comparable? Knowing what I do now, I would not. If I were still waiting on one, didn't have the PPS yet, and I had to pay $600 for it? I still doubt it. Merely on principle I'd have a real hard time paying a 35% markup. I know the PPS isn't cheap, but in the end I feel like I made the right choice personally. The other I was strongly considering was the XDs, but I ended up sticking with 9mm. I'd still like to have an XDs as well.

Sorry, that's probably real long. Thought I'd try to give some thorough first hand opinion.

MadMike, thats great feedback. Certainly a hard call between the Sheild, XD, and PPS. I have had really small pocket guns like the P3AT, etc but they are just too small to be reasonable, IMO. I wanted a very concealable single stack that was particularly light weight, but still shot similar to full size frame.

I think I made the right choice (for me) and can't wait. G&R Tactical shipped it today (ordered Tuesday 2pm, shipped Wednesday 1pm) so I should have it for the weekend. Unfortunately I need to teach an 8 hour class Saturday but hopefully I can poke some holes Sunday...if I can find some 9mm :mad:

Well, I am really happy with G and R, they really seem to have come through for my first order through them. I ordered Tuesday, it shipped Wednesday. Arrived at my LGS today.

I have not had a chance to shoot this thing yet, but holy cow is it comfy! For sure my new EDC. For the heck of it I thought I would check out a "Sticky" holster while waiting on a Crossbreed Minituck. I have to say, I am tempted to cancel the Crossbreed order.

Has anybody tried one of these sticky holsters? I have only tested it out for about 5 hours while running errands, but man, changes my perspective on comfy carry. I gotta say, I am really happy so far. Can't wait to get some rounds through it.

Hers a pic of the new tool (sticky holster and extended mag in the back)
8a7c1f58-ea6a-46ca-95bc-9ec41d9d5509_zps71960703.jpg

I love my Remora "sticky" holster. I can hardly tell I have it on. It is very comfortable and you can really move it around to where it fits you best. I paid 25 bucks I think for mine with a lifetime warranty. I ordered mine with the kydex RFT for easier holstering. 3 of my friends have converted over to the same holster after trying mine out. I carry a PPQ and have had not one issue with it in the last year of daily use.

Joe, I couldn't decide between the Sticky holster and Remora. After reading lots of reviews I finally settled on the Stocky (also $25). Regardless, I didn't think that method would work for me because I am fairly active, but I gotta say, these type of holsters seem surprisingly secure and as you say, can hardy tell its there!

Frank, I had not seen the "U mold it kit" by Old Faithful. Pretty dang nice for that price...I am thinking I may cancel the Newbreed order

This an intersting comment...........so when are the libs and dummycrats going to start taking a good hard look at something other than the weapons used by this "little bastard".

"They believe it was a score sheet,” the unidentified career cop told Lupica. “This was the work of a video gamer, and that it was his intent to put his own name at the very top of that list."

I don't think anything could have prevented Sandy Hook. I think the mental health angle is a red herring. I mean, clearly, wasting time on a jeep forum on models that are no longer produced is not a good indicator for positve mental health. :) The kid was very smart, smart sociopaths can and will go undetected until they have satisfied their urges.

The kid was very smart, smart sociopaths can and will go undetected until they have satisfied their urges.

And this country excells at breeding and fostering them.

This will sound callous but more than 350 million people live in the U.S., odds are this stuff is going to happen.

How many kids last year were beat to death by their parent? Starved?

Our population is huge, these things happen.

That's true, but so is Yella's point -- we're becoming fairly adept at creating little sociopathic monsters. Do some reading on the incredible coincidence of prescription anti-depressant use in the perps of these mass killings... side effects are known to include violent behavior, but no, its not the drug that the pharmaceutical companies in bed with the feds produce, its the tool that the doped up psycho chooses to use. :rolleyes:

Back