• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

I will be supporting these companies as much as possible. Hope everyone else does as well.

That is good to see spikes and olympic on the list! Makes it easier to stick to the list when the list has great companies! :laugh:

I see midway on the list...do you guys have experience with them? I have never purchased there and don't now anything about them though I see the name come up a lot.

Ok I'm ready now........ Well, I was anyway. I just got these in the mail and in my excitement I left 'em on the roof of my truck and they likely fell off into a river somewhere.... Total bummer.....:shhh:

2013-02-27_17-01-15_828_zpsc6dee721.jpg

Ok I'm ready now........ Well, I was anyway. I just got these in the mail and in my excitement I left 'em on the roof of my truck and they likely fell off into a river somewhere.... Total bummer.....:shhh:

Nice. Looks like those are gen 3? I have noticed that Magpul has really been turning out alot of black gen3 non windowed and black gen 2 windowed. I have also noticed that people that ordered gen 3 magazines after people that have ordered gen 2 have been getting their orders fulfilled first. Seems the bulk of orders that are taking longest to fulfill are gen 2 non windowed or anything other than black.

Let us know what you think about the m3. They are suppose to be a more durable construction and even smoother operation. I am mostly interested in the mag catch area and if that is more durable

found a guy selling good condition ammo cans in almost every size for normal prices. Picked up 3 almost new 7.62 cans for 21 bucks.

YAY. soooo much more organized. Got about 500rds in each can, so will need to go snag a few more for sure.
535521_615465395145633_382927169_n.jpg

Also got about 1k 9mm in this can. SOOO much easier to move around/organize
1912_615465615145611_1296665446_n.jpg

Got about 500rds in each can

I find that I can get 450 7.62x39 rounds in a M80/7.62 can on 10rnd stripper clips...Havn't decided if I prefer to have fewer cans by storing loose or take a little more space on the stripper clips. I would have thought a bit more than 500 would fit in there loose

IMAG0003_zpse8d7ca18.jpg

Last edited:
500rds and a loaded mag on top. So I can grab a can and go. (there still is a little more room but I like keeping it easy to remember) I could probably do over 600 rds in there being organized and such with no mag.
I was just happy someone wasnt wanting stupid prices for beat to crap cans.

anyone have or know where there is .22 ammo? Can't find any. Really would like to plink and get scope sighted in....

anyone have or know where there is .22 ammo? Can't find any. Really would like to plink and get scope sighted in....

LOL, that's funny. .22 is about the scarcest thing out there right now. At least you can find PMags and .223, no .22LR though. It sucks.

Because the industry sold SO much ammo in a two month period there is nothing left, .22 is a one shot consumable, manufactures are concentrating on the general calibers and held off on .22. Hence now there is a .22 shortage. :gag:

If you are looking for ammo you all need to check out the groups buys that happen all the time off the AR colorado board. If you are not a member there it will take you 30 days to see the trading post but it is worth it. I got in on a 1,000 rd 5.56 68gr BTHP deal for $455. :us:

Mike, have you checked www.gunbot.net? I just learned about it. You enter what type of ammo you are looking for, be sure to check the 'in stock' button. It goes out and scans websites for what is available. A friend of mine swears by it.

Mike, have you checked www.gunbot.net? I just learned about it. You enter what type of ammo you are looking for, be sure to check the 'in stock' button. It goes out and scans websites for what is available. A friend of mine swears by it.

It works but everything I want is SOLD out. :rolleyes:

YAY. soooo much more organized. Got about 500rds in each can, so will need to go snag a few more for sure.
535521_615465395145633_382927169_n.jpg

I used to do that but stopped. If you toss the boxes you don't have the lot code any longer, so if you find a bad lot of ammo you have no real recourse with the manufacture (or, conversely, if there's a recall you have no way of knowing if your ammo sucks).

FYI 20 round boxes of 7.62x39 fit into a 30 cal can well, I'd have to look at my stock to tell you how mnay rounds fit.

Ya I understand that for sure. If I was running different types of ammo I would be more concerned. This bulk 7.62 I have been running for some time now. And get it from the same person every time.
The rest of our ammo is reloads unless we wanted a specific thing (ex, leverlution loads for the .45-70) and all the cans are from same batch/load.

Back