• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

So much for lever action hunt, I just picked up this gem today. Its a Winchester Model 94 30-30 made in 1961. Its in great shape and I truly regret that I dropped it down a well shortly after taking this picture.

Winchester.jpg

Old '94s are good guns. Do yourself a favor and get a Lyman rear sight, much improved.

This is a period Lyman on my 1939 Win 94.
Lyman+Peep+Sight+-+2.jpg

Those lever actions are pure secks. My pops has a newer Remington lever action 30-30 and it's a hoot to shoot.

I think if I had some funds to blow on another rifle, it'd have to be an old .45 long cartridge lever action of some sort. Maybe a Rossi or Colt......

But then again..... a Thompson reproduction would be fun too. Heavy gun, but shoots so smooth and unbelieveably accurate.

GUNS & AMMO

Oh I would love me a Thompson, even just a repro. I'd have to get a drum and guitar case setup for it though, to keep it truly correct. A Thompson would also go very nicely with the Willy's.

.223 is on a nation wide back order. I can only find it for +/- 1$ per round!!!

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the County of El Paso, State of Colorado, WILL uphold the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, and WILL act in conformity with our sworn duties as duly elected officials charged with public trust, and WILL, in conjunction with prior decisions by the United States Supreme Court, NOT enforce any statutes, edicts, Presidential Directives, or other regulations and proclamations which conflict—and are expressly preempted by—the U.S. Supreme Court’s rulings.

The full document:
http://bcc.elpasoco.com/Documents/New pdf for item 8.pdf

close -- unless you have little faith in the clowns in gowns to be protective of your inalienable rights. Its certainly a better statement that most county politicians around the country would be willing to make!

I've been able to find ammo here and there. No .22LR though unfortunately so I need to make my 500 or so last me. I just picked up 2 of the 100rnd value packs of 9mm yesterday at WalMart for 25$ or so each and another box of 12 gauge. I traded 2 50rnd boxes of 9mm to the guy I got the lever from for 2 20rnd boxes of 30-30 as there is any up in my area. A guy I work with said there was plenty of 30-30 in his area so we're going to go to our respective stores this weekend and possibly each other ammo. No .40 pistol ammo where he is at buy my stores had plenty.

Luckily I have close to 400 7.62x39 and a similar amount of 9mm and 12 gauge. I'd like to get close to that amount in 30-30 and have a 1000 or so .22LR on hand as well.

Maybe we should all do a similar ammo swap search this weekend. We could all post up specific caliber/type we're in need of and then post up what we find in our respective areas. A little swapping could then be had.

I kinda LOL at that. Swatters are an odd sort and tend to be VERY full of themselves. They train and train, then go put their tactics all over YouTube as "Training Aids".....When they retire, they teach seminars to civilians on Swat-style tactics for a fee...... And they're the ones running around with those special stickers on their personal cars that only those in Swat are supposed to display...... letting the crooks know where all the GOOD guns and stuff to steal can be found...... :rolleyes:

Interesting. I assume you know R.W.?

I want that last one. We had to make our own wrist rockets as kids, the local sporting goods store wouldn't sell them to kids. You can do some damage with a wrist rocket, and while I'm sure the stature of limitations has expired, I don't think I'll provide any more details. :)

Back