• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

No. The FFL marked the box as "other" and he assured me that I can do whatever I want with the lower and can change from one thing to another with it at will.

I don't really know too much either. All sources seem to point to asking the FFL, so I did that. If I do something wrong, it'll be my problem and not his, but he should know what he's talking about. I really don't know where else to ask, though.

FWIW, Wisconsin doesn't have any restrictions on assault pistol/rifle/weapons. Full-auto is cool as long as it's registered with ATF. Silencers are cool with the proper stamp. Pistols are cool. SBRs are cool.

Yeah, that sucks. I"ll have to stop giving them my money as well. How can anyone think that that makes them and their customers safer?

EDIT: Apparently this isn't new news. I'm not sure where the recent activity comes from, but a simple Google search shows lots of results including some from as far back as 2010.

Last edited:
On this note. How many places are on here that you frequent and may not have realized that they're posted "no carry"? If any, does that change your actions? Most malls around here and many movie theaters are included. How about UP&P? I know a lot of guys here use them.

Just curious. I'm a bit of a hypocrite after my message above. I doubt I would completely stop going to the Mills Mall or the movie theater down the street. And I definitely like to see a show/game/etc. at Red Rocks, Pepsi Center, Bandimere, etc.

I'll still go to bww and carry. As long as you keep it concealed no big deal. I have been caught carry in a place that was listed banned, They just politely asked me to leave. No biggie. Does bum me out that their are places, other than government buildings, that ban carrying. Stupid in my opinion.

What a damned d bag.Makin things illegal works just oh so well doesn't it???
smoking_crack-707271.jpg

BTW, I was passing my local BWW this morning so I curiously pulled in to check the front door. Not posted at the one on South Wadsworth.

Everything I'm reading says it's a corporate policy, and not up to the location manager.

**** Hickenlooper, ****ing piece of shit!!!

Oh, and none of the businesses on that list really effect me. Besides AMC, but I never said I wasnt a hipocrite. If I'm left with no option then I'll give business to a place that bans fire arms, but given a choice I wont. Now that I realise this about BWW it just means that I will be going to Hooters that much more often.

I hope Hickenlooper trips and gets stabbed in the eye by a number 2 pencil, then maybe we'll finally get much needed pencil control laws enacted. Dumbass

Any Thornton or Brighton area gunsmiths that are recommended to perm attach my flash hider on my AR?

Bert @ BPtactical, I use him for everything. Pinned 2 of my projects amongst other things. He is in Thornton off of 120th and Claude ct. East of I-25. Highly regarded on the Colorado AR15 forums. Tell him Skully sent you and he will charge you more. :gee:

http://www.bptacticalservices.com/

Might have said before, but is it stamped 'pistol'?

The laws around pistol ARs are tricky. If the FFL transferred it to you as a "rifle" then it has to be a rifle. If it was transferred to you as a pistol it must start out as a pistol first (take a picture) then you can change it to a rifle. There is no requirements that it has to say pistol on the lower. A virgin lower can be turned into either for the first time, what ever you make it. (take a picture of it) if it was a pistol to start you can make it a rifle as long as the stock and short barrel is not on it at the same time or it is an unregistered SBR. If you started it as a rifle you can NOT make it a pistol. I have read into this many times, I had a pistol AR. Check ATF regs before you get busted, there is subject on this all over the net.

Contender had a huge court case around this very thing with their pistol / rifle kits.

Last edited:
I unliked their page. I haven't been to a BWWs in a while, but rest assured I won't be joining them soon.

In other news; my polymer lower came in. I just had to throw some parts on it.
Still undecided if I will build a pistol or a rifle.

Looks like you already made it into a "rifle", read my reply to Mike. :)

Last edited:
I read that, it sounds very bureaucratic. I'm fairly certain it will become a .22lr rifle. Something my girlfriend and our son can enjoy. For the price of these polymers nowadays, I can afford to buy another later and build the pistol.

New Frontier seems to have put in the hours of torture testing. I think one of these will be my next poly build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFevpTka-I

If want anything gun related especially high capacity clips or AR related better grab them now. With the Conn. shooting today our annointed Whitehouse clown was quick to say he will seek more gun laws. Like that will or would have a bit of difference! Every shooting in the past few months has occured in a "Gun Free Zone".

I don't know what pisses me off more... the fact that somebody would actually shoot up an elemntary school like that, or that this is going to be yet another nail in the coffin on our ability to legally have firearms.

Do guns make it easier to kill people? Yes. Will humans still kill people w/o them? Of course, humans have been killing eachother since the beginning of time. We need fix the apparent flaws in our society that allow these things to happen, not just blame it on an inaminate object that can't do any harm on its own. As usual we are unable to take responsibility for our own failings, instead choosing yet another scape goat to blame them on. Hitler blamed the Jews, the KKK blames the "blacks", and liberals blame the guns.

Back