• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good by XJ, ill never forget you.

Akers87

NAXJA Forum User
picked myself up a new dd/ trail rig today. and crossed over to the dark side too.

1990 Toyota 4Runner
V6 3.0L
11" of lift
35" Goodyear MTR's
Dana 60 internals, very awesome
rear tire carrier w/ swamper
new ring and pinion in both axels
new drive shafts
dual transfer case
and the list goes on
and all for $2,500

i feel bad for my friend because that is quite the steal. but i could put 3 grand into my jeep before it is as solid and well built as this one is. would you have not done the same thing? is was good talking to all of you an i am very greatfull for how much u all taught me in so little time. o well guess i better start looking for a cool toyota forum now. and the jeep is for sale also. happy trails, i'll see you guys out there.;)

Hope the headgasket on that 3.0 has been replaced recently. They are notorious for blowing, and sometimes taking the engine with them.

11'' of lift and 35s? Yikes.

What do you mean by 60 inners? I assume he did a SAS at least.

Sounds like you are happy. Sorry you had to go to the dark side however.

yeah i know about that head gasket problem but i just got the entire engine diagnosed and its in prime condition so im too worried about it. what is SAS? basically he put a dana 60 into the stock yota housing, beef things up a bit.

11" of lift? you only need like 3-4" to clear 35's on a yota. youre gonna have too much body roll. especially if the springs are real soft... you didnt buy it from a guy named tom in elk grove did you? although dual cases are nice. whats the gearing in the axles? lockers?

ahh c'mon guys at least he bought a Yota and not a Korean car. All i gotta say is 40's

Toyota?

The Porch dog runs one:
RC08_0089.jpg

it actually handles really nice on the road/ freeway even not much ody roll there are 63" chevy springs in the rear that flex really nicely, there is a dont think that there is a birf elimanater kit though. it has the AA 4.70 gears in the transfer case im pretty sure.

blondejoncherokee said:
11" of lift? you only need like 3-4" to clear 35's on a yota. youre gonna have too much body roll. especially if the springs are real soft... you didnt buy it from a guy named tom in elk grove did you? although dual cases are nice. whats the gearing in the axles? lockers?

no i bought it from a local friend RJ. im not sure of the gearing in the lockers.

No I wouldn't have done it, sorry, it's a jeep thing...

Im not trying to steer you away from NAXJA because they to have helped me quite a bit but yotatech.com and ttora.com seem to be pretty good communities to "belong" to.

yah kinda doubt any oneis going tobuy myxjsoon anyway, so ill probably be on her fora while longer. but i'l give them a look, im just such a freakin n00b about yotas right now, itsucks

Back