• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford powerstrokes

I don't think International has been involved with them since the 7.3?? :dunno:

Too bad the international spec 6.0 and 6.4 didn't have many problems, its just when you add the additional emissions bs to put it in a 3/4 ton truck, aka what ford added in

Too bad the international spec 6.0 and 6.4 didn't have many problems, its just when you add the additional emissions bs to put it in a 3/4 ton truck, aka what ford added in

Exactly. If I could shoehorn a DT530 in the hood of a f-350 I would have done it years ago. International motors are really good. Its just what the end user does with them.

a cummins in a ford would be AWESOME. ford body, cummins motor... now go get an allison tranny and you have the perfect truck.

old news. they had a feature in diesel power on an 04 with a cummins/allison driveline. its a sweet truck

We have one in my buddy's shop right now getting an EGR delete installed.

What a shitshow of a job. :nosmile:

I have a early build 03 6.0 apart right now for a leaky ipr, they really make you appreciate the things ford changed to make them "easier" to work on.
The best part, the heater hose tube that goes into the front cover was siezed in, and the front cover cracked taking it out.

It stalls, it smokes, it runs rough, and I'm lazy.

Probably picking up air in the fuel somewhere... My brother had this problem and I ended up redoing all the fuel lines with high pressure rubber fuel line.

Yes, because every engine International designs is garbage, keep dreaming.
I would take a international designed engine over a isusu designed one any day

white-continental owns all of you, they make the most awesome motors ever

... if you are a replacement head gasket vendor :mad:

Yes, because every engine International designs is garbage, keep dreaming.
I would take a international designed engine over a isusu designed one any day

Cummins FTW, But the duramax is a strong motor as well... International sucks for small truck engines sorry to burst your bubble pal!

Cummins FTW, But the duramax is a strong motor as well... International sucks for small truck engines sorry to burst your bubble pal!

Idk about the duramax. We have it it some of the work trucks. The 4500c box truck already had the turbo go at 30k miles. And the 4500c stake body can barely do 55mph towing 18k lbs. Both trucks are '05s.

Back