• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Droid X > iPhone4

I got on the list to get one this morning before the store opened and the phone rocks. Nice big, clear screen. The multi touch works great. Used google maps with GPS on the way home and it was very fast, especially since I changed my route every time it decided on the best way home just to mess with it. It synced my contacts with facebook to get pictures/phone numbers/emails for my contact list which was cool. Gotta send in my rebate form now. Wifi in my house hooks up with no issues.

Anyone who was debating on one I recommend it. It is not as big as I was expecting, very manageable, and it keeps its signal no matter how you hold it.

So you said it's better than the iPhone but made no comparison to the iPhone. When you used them side-by-side in what ways was one better than the other?

Ummmm.... go search for Droid X and efuse. In short, don't try to root it, at least not at this point. Sounds like it's almost a guaranteed bricking feature.

Droid x is on verizion, which is a big plus for me in this area. I can hold it however I like without having the signal fail out on me. I liked the interface more than I liked the iphone's. Free turn by turn gps with no subscription. The insurance is nice as well. It was more of a quick jab than a dedicated hatred towards the iphone. Me and a buddy were talking about it the other day and they both do a lot of things very well.

Yea, I have no plans to root it right now. From what I read, it seemed like the origional droid was more of an exception rather than the rule in that regard.

howard forums, I have the Iphone, does well, for what I want, I think I may have made a dozen calls with it, I use my moto v750 for that. the iPhone gets the wifi and cisco vpn for checking movie times, weather, stocks and exchange email, thats about it, oh and I took a bunch of pictures with it this weekend when I was a zombie extra in a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJqCdNSIyJk

So you said it's better than the iPhone but made no comparison to the iPhone. When you used them side-by-side in what ways was one better than the other?

RAWR APPLE IS THE BESTEST! :D

I just received my Droid Incredible after being a month on backorder. It was definitely worth the wait.

Ummmm.... go search for Droid X and efuse. In short, don't try to root it, at least not at this point. Sounds like it's almost a guaranteed bricking feature.

It is a cat and mouse game... Manufacturers will always try to enforce what they feel is the right software on users of their products- homebrew developers will always try to circumvent them. The e-fuse is a pretty drastic way to enforce such things, but I am sure will eventually be cracked. Or if a software solution is not possible, a hardware solution will arise.

It happens with every new gadget or technology, it is only a matter of time. Especially with a product that is bound to be immensely popular.

What is Verizon/Droid X's data plan? I will probably jump to it in September when my iphone contract is up.

Not sure but its $30 a month for my unlimited data plan on my BB.

RAWR APPLE IS THE BESTEST! :D

lol I don't have an iPhone. I just think it's funny when people make these sorta claims and then had no actual side-by-side comparison. Not saying this about the OP but I hear tons of people cheerleading one phone over the other all the time. They always get one phone then that's the best phone in the world and they never used another one to make a comparison to.

From what I hear AT&T no longer offer unlimited data plans.

Josh

ATT offers unlimited data plans on any phone that isnt a smart phone. A "qwerty" phone however that doesnt have the PDA-ness about it, you can get unlimited for $30 a month, same as it used to be i think.

Im upgrading soon and I think Im going to Verizon

Tmobile still allows tethering woot!
screw the AT&T Nazis

Tmobile still allows tethering woot!
screw the AT&T Nazis

:cheers: I love having the laptop with me when i'm out wrenching, and can't get wireless down in the garage of my apartment. tethering my phone keeps me from running up stairs every 10 minutes.

Back