• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 questions

andersonsys

NAXJA Forum User
Can a D30 handle 35" tires? Is it worth buying a super 30 kit? Should I waste my money on a D30, or should I spend extra money on a D44, considering I will only use it offroad maybe once or twice a yr.

If you are easy on the 30 then they can handle 35s in my opinion. Every one will have diffrent opinions, and most will say the super 30 kit is a waste of time. If you have that much money to put into it just go with a 44. By the way, I cant belive someone has not told you to do a search yet.

Honestly, this is my wifes Xj, I have a very built MJ, with heavy duty everything, I use it primarily for the offroad stuff, but I wouldn't mind taking her Xj out every once and a while. I don't know much about these lighter axles, since I grew up driving FS vehicles. If I spend the money on an axle, I am the type to go ballls out, and just do the D60 thing, and eliminate the even slightest risk of breakage. I just spent the weekend putting a SM465 w/D300 into her Xj, just so I don't have to worry about another tranny breaking. Well I guess I might as well plan on the heavy duty stuff for her Xj also. Thanks for the input.

Back