• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crap...It's starting to snow AGAIN

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
It is snowing gangbusters up here already. Just can't wait for another 20" of snow.....NOT

old_man said:
It is snowing gangbusters up here already. Just can't wait for another 20" of snow.....NOT

did you get your tranny in? unfortunately i'm here in Indiana and will be driving back through it on Sunday.

Yeah, this weather needs to stop...

I'm going to end up working 12 hour days for the rest of winter at UPS if this precipitation never ends. :bawl:

No tranny yet. If the day is the least bit clear, something more important seems to come up. Its actually mostly in place, I just have to get under there and hook everything back up. Lots of PIA work.

old_man said:
No tranny yet. If the day is the least bit clear, something more important seems to come up. Its actually mostly in place, I just have to get under there and hook everything back up. Lots of PIA work.
Sounds vaguely familiar. Stroker is pretty much done and ready to get dropped in. I really don't want to have 2/3 of the jeep outdoors and freeze my yarbles off, so I gotta wait.

There's about 6" on the ground at my house so far.Roads aren't too bad if you drive smart.I've got to go crawl under the wife's XJ and get her 4WD to start working again- I think its a broken vac line as there's no vaccum at the disconnect (damn disco axles).

Frank Z said:
Sounds vaguely familiar. Stroker is pretty much done and ready to get dropped in. I really don't want to have 2/3 of the jeep outdoors and freeze my yarbles off, so I gotta wait.

warm or cold I just don't feel pulling the engine to swap it.

this is assuming I ever get my block back from the machine shop.

Yet again I get owned in front of my house by a small snow drift and no lockers. This shit is getting old.

I usually LOVE the snow. BUT...I was cooped up in the house for several days while we were doing a bunch of work on the interior and now that I can go fish...I can't. My usual place is pretty icey. I may brave the snow tomorrow and head down into Cheeseman Canyon. Wish I had some damn snowshoes to help with the hike. I'd say we have over a foot already and it's still dumping down now at almost 10.

Anyone up for an overnight campout in Almont next week? :D Night time temps have been in the high teens so it might not be too too bad. Ya just gotta keep thinking about those fat trophy trout. Hopefully the cold and snow will keep the scrubs to a minimum. Pics to follow.

lakewood/golden area, I've got 12 solid new in my drive. yet aain helped two separate old ladies out of a tight spot this evening with the xj and my tow strap.

12 to 16 inches at 23:00.

We always park one vehicle on the street. It's blocking half the driveway at the moment; just in case a snow plow should wander down our little street.

Going wasn't too much trouble today, stopping was. The deep stuff oughta help me out with that. :~P

Snow caught me by suprise today driving back from my friends house in pueblo west. HWY50 was icyer then I thought. I ended up locking the brakes at 1/8 pressed and didnt know it until awhile down the road when I turned sideways into the median. :D Good thing I had fun and was going slow. Also gave me a chance to try the chains since I got whimpy street tires packed with snow. BTW CHAINS ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!!! Never used them since Pueblo never gets snow just had them and they got my ass and a state trooper out of the median.

sounds like yall are really having fun, and i might haveta pick up a set on my way north in february.

I spent the best $20 I've spent in a long time. A neighbor had a bobcat and charged me $20 to clear the rest of my driveway and all the parking spots in front of my house. It would have taken be 4-6 hours.

Back