• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Com’s XJ-110 Build

First fitting:

L9HFrameFitting.jpg

The new Project Name: Swamp Rod, as for Rat Rod when the Air Springs are fully deflated and it's on its bump stops the bottom of the door will be 24" above ground level with the resheeted quarters and front fenders fitting nicely between the 41x14.50R/20........

Later
028.gif

Com

Input on Color of Engine?
OK Guy’s, here is another opportunity for some input on this build what do you think since this project has taken on a life of its own which has lead to the demise of Lil-Shit and the rise of the Infamous “Swamp Rod”. It harkens oneself back to the day of Hot Rods and other shit like that, as a Hot Rodded wagon with a SBC which color should the engine be Bow-Tie Engine Orange

NAL-19244611.jpg

or
GM Black?

F15195966.gif

Orange?
or
Black?

Oh what a decision, decisions, decisions, decisions, my head hurts with all of these decisions……….

Later
028.gif

Com

Orange would help track down oil leaks easier if/when they happened. On the other hand black would hide oil leaks :D

What ever ones wallet will bare, all cash no credit there.......

Well, some of the last big ticket items are in production at this time and/or in transit, Swamp Rods air ride system has been finalized with Phil & Tim at Slam Specialties, my springs
specifications from Slams new Air Ride Lift Systems which we are finishing up on its development, the control processor and code are in the works for an active system control unit………..

Just 3Lbs per bag and from 0" to 13" of lift in a heart beat @ 250psi..........

ss.png

They come with them for a slightly larger amount………..

air_bags.html

That option is on the Air Bag page……….

The FoMoCo SRW Front D60 Hubs came from Chevy_Eater over around Shamokin Northumberland County, they got to the shop yesterday, time to rehab them……….

!B6,K91QBmk~$(KGrHqIOKjoEyNNyB++oBM)OGBUHSw~~_1.JPG

By the way if any of you young guns out there think you are an artisan, Domination Chassis is looking for another Fabricator and if you’re lucky enough one may get a few hours in on the Swamp Rod Project…………..

Later
028.gif

Com

Well, some of the last big ticket items are in production at this time and/or in transit, Swamp Rods air ride system has been finalized with Phil & Tim at Slam Specialties, my springs
specifications from Slams new Air Ride Lift Systems which we are finishing up on its development, the control processor and code are in the works for an active system control unit………..

Just 3Lbs per bag and from 0" to 13" of lift in a heart beat @ 250psi..........

ss.png

They come with them for a slightly larger amount………..

air_bags.html

That option is on the Air Bag page

So are these going to replace conventional Coilovers/Airshocks/etc., or are they just to be used "unison".

I honestly don't see bags lasting very long unless your not planning on much suspension travel with the rig...and more of just a "mud" rig. (Hence the name "Slam Specialties as they're primarily used on street trucks)

Hey guy's have you ever noticed my Avatar at all, see wheel-n all while watching for the wildlife that places one in their Food Chain and will bite one on the azz when one must get out an strap-up a belly dragger……….

Have you ever wheeled in Central Florida, this is where my home has been since the mid ninety’s, and South Florida prior to that, but I had to haul to Central Florida, Murphy NC and/or Alabama to wheel. This will be my Florida specific wheeler “Swamp Rod” as the name implies. Now the “Slam” Air Ride System will allow me to enter the door opening that's 24” off of the ground to get my Old Rat Bastard azz in it, with the Chassis & Body fitting nicely between those 41” IROKs and the SS-8 Bags resting on its bump stops fully deflated, than go to fully inflated so my azz does not get wet while Swamp Krawl-n…………

Remember this is not a Rock Krawler but a Swamp Krawler where we have small sand hills with tea water & hard packed sand bottoms in between them, then there are ridges that are of a clay & sand mix, which will give you a muck hole filled with water after being hogged out that could make one gag at times. Long stands of Cypress with 2 Feet of slow moving water & old Tram Trails cut through them and sometimes there are fallen trees and/or stumps too Crawfish over………….

Yes the SS-8 Bags will replace the conventional springs, we will be using NO2 shocks w/a remote reservoir and Currie’s Anti-Rock sway-bars front and rear. With limiting straps 3 locations per axle, one at each end slightly longer than the middle one, for articulation and axle drop………..

Later
028.gif

Com

Hey guy's have you ever noticed my Avatar at all, see wheel-n all while watching for the wildlife that places one in their Food Chain and will bite one on the azz when one must get out an strap-up a belly dragger……….

Have you ever wheeled in Central Florida, this is where my home has been since the mid ninety’s, and South Florida prior to that, but I had to haul to Central Florida, Murphy NC and/or Alabama to wheel. This will be my Florida specific wheeler “Swamp Rod” as the name implies. Now the “Slam” Air Ride System will allow me to enter the door opening that's 24” off of the ground to get my Old Rat Bastard azz in it, with the Chassis & Body fitting nicely between those 41” IROKs and the SS-8 Bags resting on its bump stops fully deflated, than go to fully inflated so my azz does not get wet while Swamp Krawl-n…………

Remember this is not a Rock Krawler but a Swamp Krawler where we have small sand hills with tea water & hard packed sand bottoms in between them, then there are ridges that are of a clay & sand mix, which will give you a muck hole filled with water after being hogged out that could make one gag at times. Long stands of Cypress with 2 Feet of slow moving water & old Tram Trails cut through them and sometimes there are fallen trees and/or stumps too Crawfish over………….

Yes the SS-8 Bags will replace the conventional springs, we will be using NO2 shocks w/a remote reservoir and Currie’s Anti-Rock sway-bars front and rear. With limiting straps 3 locations per axle, one at each end slightly longer than the middle one, for articulation and axle drop………..

Later
028.gif

Com

Been there done that.... My parents live in Vero Beach. I grew up in Florida when I was not in School/College.... I have two uncles in Orlando. I remember when you use to drive through the woods on a 2 lane road to get out to International Drive. :wave: I'm just bustin your chops because I know exactly what you are doing. LOL! I cannot wait to see it. Keep posting progress pictures. I'm very interested to see how this all comes together. I personally would have built a Ford Bronco but hey that is me. ;)

Back