• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Com’s XJ-110 Build

ComChewy

NAXJA Forum User
Com’s XJ-110

Well here are a few pictures of some of the items that I have acquired for the new XJ-110 Build that Jay Cooper and the Guy’s at Domination Chassis in Castle Shannon Pa are building and to be completed by (hopefully) Bantam’s get together in June………..

The Engine is a Liftout from a 2010 1500K (<40k mi) it’s an LS3 6.2L L9H w/ 6L80E

L9HImage3.jpg

L9HImage2.jpg

L9HImage1.jpg

The Differentials Dana 60’s, the Front is from a King Pin F-350 DRW, and the Rear is from a 2001 W2500 w/ Disc Brakes

RearD60SRDisc2.jpg

RearD60SRDisc3.jpg

RearD60SRDisc1.jpg

FampRD60s2StJ.jpg

FrontD60DRW1StJ.jpg

And it’s all going into this

chewyflexed21.jpg

The Chassis construction will be starting shortly, when it’s completed there will be some XJ sheet metal & 3/16’s sheeting hung from a complete tube chassis of a two box design with pneumatic suspension to drop it so I can get my azz in & out, then raise it so it wouldn’t get wet. It will also have exterior rub rails at the belt & roof lines so that immovable objects can be used to turn with, it will incorporate removable doors w/ tube replacements for those warm Central Florida days and A/C for the warmer ones……….

028.gif

Have you really been on here since 2005 and this is only your 3rd post?!

Plenty of time to read and learn, more then what can be said about alot of other people here.

This build has the potential for alot of badass stuff. I take it that it will get some 3/4 links all around with the pneumatic springs? Cant wait to see some pics of it.

Well, made a commitment with the following Vendor’s today:
Automotive Digital Wiring Systems: ISIS Power Systems, 3-CELL Starter Kit, waterproof and shielded……….

Modify LS3 6.2L L9H / 6L80E Wiring Harness:
Street & Performance - Hot Rod Lane, they came highly recommended by Lokar, its waterproof / marine grade, w/ paddle shifter and DBW Peddle……….
I also spoke with Southern Performance Systems........

I'll place the order for the (5) 20x12 & (5) 20x15 DBL Split Rims from Stazworks Extreme Offroad before I take off for EJS today.........

Up-Date on XJ-110

Spent about three hours today on the phone with the Chassis Fabricator, Street & Performance ECU & Harness, ISIS Power and their three cell system, and Dakota Digital w/ their 8 Gauge Marine Package w/ TU/TD shifter interface and self leveling air ride suspension controls. With all three vendors supplying their product with Delphi Weather Tech connectors and firewall penetrations with vulcanized grommets, the Body Harness is starting to become a real bastard with operation of the front & rear winch controls & auxiliary lighting circuits. The new parts pile keeps getting deeper if fact it is taking up a complete stall now 5ft deep…………..

Also spoke with MasterCraft (Baja RS® Seats) and Corbeau (Baja RS) seats for wider ass holders, towel bar type sliders, flip-up hinges, waterproofed foam and seat cover…………

Ordered the double Beadlock wheels 20x15 (aluminum wheel & argent rock ring) and tires 44x19.50x20 Boggers, there is more in the wheel & tire pkg then the Motor & Transmission ouch!

We maybe stretching it out to 117” WB to get the pneumatic suspension to work better, it’s just a few more inches to the length of the drive shafts…………

Also made the arrangements for all of the Powder Coating of the chassis and miscellaneous body panels, thankful for a coater close with a large enough oven to cook the chassis as a whole unit…………..

Looking better everyday, the 44" wooden mock-up rollers got here today and the axle assemblies were taken apart also (Yukon & Randy's going to be very happy), I'll get Ben to start taking pictures daily........

Pictures please!

What ever Jay's software is calling for since it is an automotive chassis interactive design software, giving moments and deflection along with yield and shear strengths on all components, this is great for axle dead weight drop and/or via pneumatic articulation. It even took into consideration a T-Handel device and side grab handles adjacent to the seat for the passenger to hold onto in lieu of the cage, as for the date I’m a little concerned since it is really getting close. It may only be a roller because after building it, it must be disassembled painted & powder coated then reassembled, Ben will start with the pictures when there is more than just boxes, I sent the ECU out to Street & Performance today just one more step in the journey of many steps………

This who we will be using American Precision Powder Coating it is going to be a four step process on the chassis & body panels and a three step on the axle housing’s & miscellaneous parts. Read thru their literature and give me your recommendations and/or valued input prior to the process………….

Troy, being a resident of Florida the value in my XJ is I have owned it for so long that I now have a Title, VIN# and OE Construction Tags (like the one under your Radiator and in several other location), we will be relocating them over too the new chassis which will make FLaDMV very happy and drives the Insurance Co crazy when they photograph it for their records………..
To me its just a body to keep some of the rain & sand/mud off of me and the A/C in the cab after it has flowed thru the seats to keep ones ass kool………..

Looking forward to this one. I'm about finished with the build on mine. All that's really left is to build the stroker I'm accumulating parts for. After reading about some of the issues with them though I hope I don't regret going 4.6 when LS power plants are everywhere.

There is a 4.6L that we’re pulling out, it was the Renix EFI System that caused me to pull it the harness has completely broken down, never had an overheating problem like so many other have had because Lil-Shit had a FlowKooler #1747 H2O Pump with a 3 Core All Metal Radiator. It ran on the mechanical fan most of the time and when the temp hit 200* the electric fan would come on, also ran external cooler on the transmission, oil and Power Steering Fluid (no pump squeal with that one)…………

Allow me to reiterate on over heating, it did it while traveling on I-77 in Virginia it still had the closed system and the expansion tank blew out from the flow of the pump. It caused the ATF to get a little hot that it foamed out the filler tube, some duck tape to hold the tank together threw in some 50/50 limped it over the crest and into Galaxy for a meal & some repairs (changed to an open system)…………

Sorry Guy’s, this has been the boring part, all of the RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s and now Purchase Order’s have been issued, design of the chassis is near completion and final approval. During this process some of the Vendor’s and/or Suppliers have changed due to the complexity of the project and/or the schedule. As for the original completion date for Bantam we may have only a rolling chassis, or it may be out being powder coated……….
Master Craft has told me that it will be 5 to 6 wks before the Baja’s seats are completed, then they will need to go to another shop to be covered in leather and Alligator Under Belly hide for the center & side panels in the Dirt Sport Pattern. Remember I live in Central Florida and this will be my Swamp Rod that I will be able to go out the back gate and run around Richloam WMA or drive it up the road to Ocala and/or ONF to run with an amigo, YellowXJ and his crew…………
Had to change Powder Coater over to Streetwerkz in Columbus, how about some of those Master Craft Baja RS all done up in Gator (and I don’t mean to those Blue & Orange Gators’ either) under belly. Now how about some Rough Texture Powder Coating in shades of Yellow, Green and Brown and on the new Cowl Induction Hood to cover the LS3 motor, two Red LED’s, how does that sound for a Florida Rat Rod 4x4 on 41’s w/ full width 1 Ton’s, that at full drop the body will just fit nicely between the tires with a newts’ ass clearance…………

Well, here is Josh & Streetwerkz 1st sample this would be the upper body color.........

standard.jpg

Blending into lighter colors as it descends to the yellow/green below the knee line or where my body side molding was located at………….

standard.jpg

Block Drwg: with proposed tube chassis preliminary design, I have already reviewed and commented, steel is on the rack

Well that is how I would like to see it but they are still working on the colors and textures at this time. If that scheme does not work out then it will be Summit White on the body panels & top with the chassis being GM Argent (Dark Gary almost Black Metallic)…………

I just signed off on the Chassis Design it will be started this week finally we have about 90% of all of the components Advance had the T-case to us on the 9th as they promised, the wheels are somewhere now, waiting on the seats their still 4 to 5 weeks out (just picked up a set of Corbeau Baja RS in Black Vinyl as temporary until MC catches up). It was the lull before the shit storm starts let the race begin, gentlemen start your welders and get the tubing bender going…………..
As for the DDE since we make that at Sunshine Bio-Fuels and the Hot Rod will be getting a ethanol impervious AN fuel system, new bump stick and Texas-Speed Long Tube 304 Headers w/ a 3” crossover pipe, Hi-Flow Converter and 3.5” mandrel bent tube exhaust out to the rear…………..

028.gif

Well, here are some more Pictures; Jay has started on the main rails, and the bay full of inventory waiting to be installed………..

ChassisIso.jpg

ChassisStage-1DS.jpg

PileofParts130520-A.jpg

PileofParts130520-B.jpg

PileofParts130520-C.jpg

Josh, over at Streetwerkz is working feverishly on the PC samples, my wheels are somewhere in the universe just where I do not know……….

028.gif

Back