• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

wish I waited to order limit straps from Ruff Stuff, but instead got them from 4wp ...lol...asked about quad wrap guy says those are rare and not needed ...Quad is industry standard ...anyway they had a set of 31s said to be double wrap and a set of 22s said to be 3 wrap , well unwrapped the 31s at home and they are ...ONE ...SHATTY wrap and cost as much as a Quad wrap ...The 22s are what they said and are ok , but these 31s are cheap cheap cheap . ...harborfreight quality should have just ran temporary chains . I was intrigued by the Super duty lift coils on their wall they are the same diameter as the xj ones I have and free length was only 1 inch more , so.I want a 250-300 lb rear coil ...lol...I made the mistake of asking if they new the coil rate guy says they is no way to find out , so I asked if they had a customer service number for procomp ...blank.stare...then the priceless point of the day I said to him I guess I could just trim the 213lb re coils to get the rate ...lol...he Snickers and says to me that's not going to work cutting a coil destroys it and says does not change the rate ...I politely explained how coil rates work and that that basic idea carries over to setting up coil covers...he laughed some more , and then looked it up on the computer and got a,real silly look....lol...BUSTED...What gets me is he took the time use the computer to disprove what I said but could not use it to maybe sell those lift coils I inquired about . LOL.I think everyone there drives a lifted JK it was a lot full of almost nothing but 4door wranglers on 37-40s ..lol...that have never seen a trail harder than Slaughterhouse .

wish I waited to order limit straps from Ruff Stuff, but instead got them from 4wp ...lol...asked about quad wrap guy says those are rare and not needed ...Quad is industry standard ...anyway they had a set of 31s said to be double wrap and a set of 22s said to be 3 wrap , well unwrapped the 31s at home and they are ...ONE ...SHATTY wrap and cost as much as a Quad wrap ...The 22s are what they said and are ok , but these 31s are cheap cheap cheap . ...harborfreight quality should have just ran temporary chains . I was intrigued by the Super duty lift coils on their wall they are the same diameter as the xj ones I have and free length was only 1 inch more , so.I want a 250-300 lb rear coil ...lol...I made the mistake of asking if they new the coil rate guy says they is no way to find out , so I asked if they had a customer service number for procomp ...blank.stare...then the priceless point of the day I said to him I guess I could just trim the 213lb re coils to get the rate ...lol...he Snickers and says to me that's not going to work cutting a coil destroys it and says does not change the rate ...I politely explained how coil rates work and that that basic idea carries over to setting up coil covers...he laughed some more , and then looked it up on the computer and got a,real silly look....lol...BUSTED...What gets me is he took the time use the computer to disprove what I said but could not use it to maybe sell those lift coils I inquired about . LOL.I think everyone there drives a lifted JK it was a lot full of almost nothing but 4door wranglers on 37-40s ..lol...that have never seen a trail harder than Slaughterhouse .
WAIT!!!!!! Whut????????? You don't own a JK????????????? :roflmao:

They all looked the same just different colors ...lol...the dealership lot has less jk inventory .

b354490d14f003f48e191ea2270765aa_jeep-jeep-jk-starter-kit-jeep-jk-meme_500-522.png

I don't care what you guys say about JK's, my 19 year old daughter loves her overbuilt mall crawler.

Just wait for the new diesel, it sucks spending JK money to still have a gutless pig.

Just wait for the new diesel, it sucks spending JK money to still have a gutless pig.

Yours must have been a 3.8?

That was my one thing I wouldn't compromise on when I bought my JK....had to be a 2012 or newer. Those 3.8's are dogs.

The motor in my '12 rips! It's geared, and even with 35's, it'll get with it no problem.

Yeah 285 horsepower from the factory doesn't seem too bad on my '14....don't get me wrong more would be better, but I definitely wouldn't describe my JK as gutless.

Yeah 285 horsepower from the factory doesn't seem too bad on my '14....don't get me wrong more would be better, but I definitely wouldn't describe my JK as gutless.

Yeah the guys on 42s with 5.38s on the 4 door jk seem to do a decent road speed ...lol...where as I with a comparable vehicle weight on 40s and 5.13s could not pull a hill for shyt. The JK are a real nice looking Jeep on 33-35 and it's not that they don't look good on 40s it's just that they are everywhere and look identical besides the paint jobs .

Tire groover blades...anyone know any shops in Denver that carry these blades ...AAI speed shop did but they are out of business. I got one mangled blade I can groove with a 4.5 angle grinder but need the blade to sipe them . It's too late to order and have them before the weekend .

When I had my fuel tank out and a hole in the floor I took the opportunity to slip a wrench over the pump side and jeep side hard lines so I could order AN adapters later on and despite measuring 5/16th jeep side and 3/8th pump side I had went and forgot it stepped down to 5/16 and ordered two 3/8 quick lock adapters , and did not catch it until tonight when in the dark I tried to install the new line..lol...I hope a speed shop carries them I really want to swap that crappy plastic line off .

Back