• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

"You can give peace a chance........ I'll be right behind you with my AR as cover...... in case that don't work out".

Made me chuckle........ :thumbup:

THAT one, I like. and Ira, you're preaching to the choir, man. The f'd up unnavigable set of rules, laws, codes and restraints that I unfortunately make my living among are a fustercluck, and not the sign of a free people. Neither is the industry in which you work -- how can the land of the free have the highest incarceration rate on the entire globe. We have become a caricature of ourselves.

Mike-- you read the word "equal" incorrectly, and the word creator can mean god, allah, mother earth, the giant spaghetti monster or whatever floats your boat. "Equal" means equal in your rights to life, liberty and pursuit of whatever makes you happy. folks are undoubtedly born smart, dumb, mean, nice and all sorts of in betweens. Those skills will render some more likely to achieve happiness than others, but provided they have equal opportunity under the law -- i.e the state doesn't hold them down, or in the case of war, kill them to achieve some stupid collective objective -- they are equal.

I am a-religious, so noone should read my mention of "the creator" as anything but a citation to the Declaration, the best articulated document of humanity to date in my opinion. I for one enjoy these discussions.:cheers:

No one likes dead kids. I do not support war.

Kim Jong-un's gravestone........ that's a peace symbol I can wrap my head around.

I also hope one day I can see the American Flag as a symbol of a peaceful nation.....
I agree, but I also don't think we should be the ones putting him in that grave.

We've got enough financial problems already. North Korea is simply not a simple problem, IMO it would take more than Iraq and Afghanistan put together to make that place right if we got involved, and we've already got two countries to try and put together again... plus ours.

Indeed -- how many kids of multi-nationality lost their lives on the Korean peninsula last time around? What value has that provided to anyone?

Indeed -- how many kids of multi-nationality lost their lives on the Korean peninsula last time around? What value has that provided to anyone?

The problem with north korea is the fact that it even exists! Our government as usual make a poor decision that we are now having to deal with.... General McCarthur should have been allowed to do what he wanted there! Korea would be a whole country allied to the US as the south is now if he had his way. Poor leadership at the top faild then as it does now!!

That is based on the premise that we had any business on the peninsula to begin with... if the Koreans want to be communists, more power to them. at the end of the day, they'll figure out that being universally poor sucks, and change their ways. To the extent that you are saying that the geopolitical problems of today are a result of the idiots in the past and their foreign policies, I agree entirely. I'd like to see us stop repeating these stupid interventionist mistakes.

THAT one, I like. and Ira, you're preaching to the choir, man. The f'd up unnavigable set of rules, laws, codes and restraints that I unfortunately make my living among are a fustercluck, and not the sign of a free people. Neither is the industry in which you work -- how can the land of the free have the highest incarceration rate on the entire globe. We have become a caricature of ourselves.

Your right about the industry that I work in is FUBAR! Once again it is the political correct liberal democratic moron drafting laws that favor the criminal........ They don't call my industry " Club Fed" for nothing you know! If an inmate cries the system wipes his tears, If an inmate takes a crap the system wipes his ass. Don't be fooled, the system here is manipulated by the criminals using our liberal laws to get monetary compensation. Sadly it is the liberal lawyers and judges making it easy for them........ and the good guys get the shaft!! Criminals come to prison file lawsuits and win....... and as long as liberal morons allow this to happen the system will be weak and easily manipulated! Prison is not the hard core place it used to be! And I am sure you are aware of the fact that our terrorist enemy manipulate our government in the same manor. I thought federal prison was a push over......... try military detainee compounds. :smsoap:

Ira, I really wasn't commenting on whether the for-profit prison system in the US has become pussified as well... I don't particularly care, as concerns hardened criminals, how hard their time is, provided society is liberated from their criminal behavior. My point is that I think there are to many laws, resulting in too many prisoners, and think that the demo/repub differences are about as thin as a piece of paper -- they both pander to the lobbyists and their cronies. It isn't coincidence that the two largest lobbying entities against the decriminalization of marijuana are (1) the pharmeceutical industry, and (2) the prison industry. Too much money to be made by imprisoning people for what they choose to do with their own bodies. As far as our "terrorist enemies" are concerned, the current administration, like all before them, continue to play both sides of the fence for profit, arming alqueda in Syria/Libya, while supposedly warring against them in Afghanistan... difficult to tell who the "enemy" actually is. Or is it?

Ira, I really wasn't commenting on whether the for-profit prison system in the US has become pussified as well... I don't particularly care, as concerns hardened criminals, how hard their time is, provided society is liberated from their criminal behavior. My point is that I think there are to many laws, resulting in too many prisoners, and think that the demo/repub differences are about as thin as a piece of paper -- they both pander to the lobbyists and their cronies. It isn't coincidence that the two largest lobbying entities against the decriminalization of marijuana are (1) the pharmeceutical industry, and (2) the prison industry. Too much money to be made by imprisoning people for what they choose to do with their own bodies. As far as our "terrorist enemies" are concerned, the current administration, like all before them, continue to play both sides of the fence for profit, arming alqueda in Syria/Libya, while supposedly warring against them in Afghanistan... difficult to tell who the "enemy" actually is. Or is it?

You know you're a Libertarian, right? Just checking. :cheers:

The problem with north korea is the fact that it even exists! Our government as usual make a poor decision that we are now having to deal with.... General McCarthur should have been allowed to do what he wanted there! Korea would be a whole country allied to the US as the south is now if he had his way. Poor leadership at the top faild then as it does now!!
Yes... same reason we failed in Vietnam.

We are not good at limited war. All or nothing. We can nation build, but should we?

I lean towards spending our national wealth within the country (both on our products and our own defense) and not on wars abroad. If other countries want to do something in a certain way, let them, unless they appear to be preparing to attack us...

I will say that I was in favor of afghanistan and to a lesser degree iraq in 01/02 or so. And wrote a paper in college about how we should temporarily relax a few constitutional freedoms to help the war on terror. I did a lot of soul searching after things started going downhill and that led directly to me considering myself a libertarian rather than a republican for the first time in my life in mid 02 to 03 or so.

That is based on the premise that we had any business on the peninsula to begin with... if the Koreans want to be communists, more power to them. at the end of the day, they'll figure out that being universally poor sucks, and change their ways. To the extent that you are saying that the geopolitical problems of today are a result of the idiots in the past and their foreign policies, I agree entirely. I'd like to see us stop repeating these stupid interventionist mistakes.
I completely agree.

You know you're a Libertarian, right? Just checking. :cheers:
I'm pretty sure he's aware of that :cheers:

I'm actually a "l" libertarian -- the capital L indicates the libertarian party, which is almost as f'd up as the majors...

He wanted to use about 30 nukes across the North. I mean I'm all for total destruction and everything but come on.

Thought this was worth sharing.

554949_550440231645627_1751563292_n.jpg

What, no chebbie, no landie, no unimog, no what ever you want to call it?? :)

What, no chebbie, no landie, no unimog, no what ever you want to call it?? :)
HAHA ya a lot are left out. Hell you could put Subaru on there because of the "stupidru". But the overall message I think was legit.

There was a newer Forester following me to the trail head for eye of the whale in Arches NP... He saw the first obstacle, saw me not make it up it the first try, and turned around and left. I can't imagine what he was thinking when it said "high clearance 4 wheel drive necessary" and kept driving. That trail was seriously effed up from EJS. Took us like 4-5 hours to run the 20 something miles of trail. Came out the other side in the dark.

I didn't see an international either, or a chenoweth... :dunno: I don't ever mind who I see on the trail. They're all potential help in a bad situation. I'm yet to come across anyone on the trail that seemed less than trustworthy or unhelpful.

Oh, or one time running slaughterhouse there were a couple of kids in a stock height silverado long bed extra cab with nerf/step bars... It was before the back side ascent.. They asked if we thought they were going to make it. We said.. Maybe. and definitely not without a little cosmetic damage.

They didn't come back so they must have made it or gotten some help from the wrangler group that passed us after them..

Last edited:

Can't figure out how to word it in the search or something. I'm probably not even using the correct terminology but the... Vacuum ball? thing? behind the front right bumper corner... What the hell does that do? Do I need it? Can it be relocated?

Thanks in advance as always for all of your abundant knowledge.

Didn't think I'd bother making a thread for this.

Yes, you need it. Yes, it can be moved. Your heating system moves it's flaps with vacuum motors. The motor does not generate vacuum under WOT, so there needs to be vacuum storage. Storing nothing, it is a wierd concept.

yes, you need it -- it controls heat, cruise control, etc... all you vaccum controled controls. But yes, you can and should relocate it. Put it just in front of the firewall on the passenger side. If you're careful and your lines aren't too brittle, you can likely trim the original lines to fit, as they run right past that location.

Back