• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

My exo tube is only .120 in a few big contact points it's slugged with 1.5 .250 ...my old 2x4 sliders were .250 with .120 tube as a bump rail the rec tube took most of the direct hits and the. 120 bump tube usually mild bumps...lol...that bump tube had some mean digs in it and some dents I can't imagine having built it all from .120 and expecting it to be stout and last for years .

I look at say, Tacoma sliders.
It doesn’t take 6 weeks to make sliders and box them. A one week lead time I understand. But several weeks to months is absurd. And sadly far more common amongst parts/armor companies than not.

The Tomken folk are pretty well "retired" from everything I've heard.

They might build things, but they send out for powdercoating, etc. etc.

And the way I gather it, they won't send out until there's enough orders to send out for coating.

I might be wrong but that's the impression I get.

I'm letting it ride. It really doesn't hurt anything, other than my impatience.

Lol...after I knock out the rear strut install I'll probably step up to sticky tires , so I will get to deal with Craig's list flunkies wanting free tires and trying to trade junk for stuff worth money ...lol

Suggestions??
H2 wheels that were spray painted at some point. -
-strip and clean up/polish
- respray Black
- spray a lighter color (grey/aluminum type color)

This is on the square body pickup my brother and I are redoing. Truck will be the factory rally’s green metallic. Likely 37’s.

Last edited:

Keep the pbrs for snow

I had 3 sets of tires sitting at one point at the house I don't want to start that again. 42s take up serious room and I don't snow wheel enough to be botheredjumping a 160lb tire and wheel combo on and off ...lol...if I was to keep a winter set of tires they would be 44 Boggers.

Looking at these tires . All are available in a reasonable time frame . I don't run mud or snow the tsl looks the best the trep 2nd coolest and the mt/r is a little feminine tread design wise , but I am looking for the best ledge climbing tire. for the west ...any opinions from personal experience ?

42 mt/r sticky
42 trepador sticky
43 tsl sx sticky

In Colorado springs what needs to be done, and what do you need to have to renew a Jeep registration?

The Colorado BS thread

In Colorado springs what needs to be done, and what do you need to have to renew a Jeep registration?

If new to the area would need proof of residency (electric bill etc), proof of insurance, your DL and title or old registration. I believe that’s it. No smog on gas vehicles, only diesel.

Renew? You get a card in the mail, send the card and a check to the address on the card. The county mails the new registration & sticker back. If you don't have the renewal notice, you get to go to your county Dept. of Revenue with the current/expired registration and wait in line.

The state gives you a 30 day grace period after the tags have expired.

Already had the cash for sticky rubber , but was going to keep running the Rockers since they are like new , but I did get almost 3k back from the feds from taxing myself at a higher rate than needed on the money I pulled from my savings last year and since I did not expect the return that 3k is just found money , which makes it even harder to resist the new rubber... So ...lol... I do believe I will be pulling trigger on a set of 42 trepadors . I need to call and see what their availability is for ship time I would like to order them after I finish the rear ori install . I know a set of 5 is being sold local but I only need 4 because I most likely will end up with 4 new rockers for spares and will just vulcanize or replace tires as they get damaged...

I did list the Rockers on CL but I listed them for a Caucasians price , So I don't expect them to move fast or at all...lol...my bottom dollar on them is maybe around $1200 they are listed at $1400 and the Craig's crowd is looking for near free stuff so I suspect they will not sell unless priced like a set of dry cracked 20 year old swampers. ;-)

You all still in the dark ages there? We do it online in Texas.

Renew? You get a card in the mail, send the card and a check to the address on the card. The county mails the new registration & sticker back. If you don't have the renewal notice, you get to go to your county Dept. of Revenue with the current/expired registration and wait in line.

The state gives you a 30 day grace period after the tags have expired.

You can renew the tags online here too. I've done it the last couple of years. Its actually nice that I've slowed down so much on buying/selling vehicles as I don't go to the DMV nearly as much. :D

Thanks!!!!! My daughter moved last month and may have missed the mail on her renewal, so she should be able to login and do it since she has the title, plates and VIN... I think it is due this month. Is the tax assessor collector (Dept of Revenue?) or the DMV in CO?

You can renew the tags online here too. I've done it the last couple of years. Its actually nice that I've slowed down so much on buying/selling vehicles as I don't go to the DMV nearly as much. :D

Got the shock tower bracing done and started to place stuff under hood just to see what will fit where and pretty much everything fits close to where it was the battery will just need tilted at an angle on it's side but will sit where it was the PDC will go back where it pretty much was I have no ac hardware so it makes fitting things easy . The stock air cleaner box is just getting a simple swap to a tube and filter it is just a bit too big to back but the space it opens up is huge leaving room for hydraulic steering resevoir and the pcm . I can fit the stock coolant over flow but want a better looking one with more bling to go back . Need to final weld my track bar and finish weld the new beefier truss , and then move on the rear which should be fast since there is so much less to do back there pretty much fit the hoops cycle for clearance and burn it home . The only upgrade on the rear besides the struts will be extending the truss to full width...lol...then I still need to build some 1350 shafts and get some real seats and harness In ... should be on the trail by Labor day .

Back