• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Oh man do I understand this one. I get calls at least a couple of times a week about, “your stupid truck cut me off,” or “ran me off the road,” etc etc. Yet you see dash-cam footage and it’s usually the a-hole trying to blow by the truck on the right, or where the lane merges and they are trying to get by it. Sometimes I just don’t know how truck drivers do it without running someone off the road.

It's one thing for a slow semi to be in an intersection and the lights cycle through but damn it's gotten so bad with people blatantly running red lights. There's been quite a few times where I leave on a green light and some idiot still tried to cut across on a red light after I'm already there.

LOL.

I prefer to avoid the need for one. Besides if I used one with my RA bone problems, firing it would shatter every bone in my hand. I have never needed one except for shooting clay pigeons ( with a Shot gun) when I was 18.

I have learned how to avoid the need for one. So far. Had guns and knives pulled on me.....many times, never needed one to solve the problem with out violence. Now I can't physically use one.

Now, a bullet proof vest might interest me LOL. Or a missile launcher, or paint ball cannon for my jeep, LMAO, for dealing with idiots on the road.... :)
All valid points, and if I can avoid a bear encounter, I will.

All valid points, and if I can avoid a bear encounter, I will.

Only bears I have ever seen were in a zoo, on TV or in cars passing out pink slips, LOL, I never did like pink slips.:D

Or Jeep bolts that refused to budge, this last one one a is a real bear. It has laughed at everything I threw at, so far.

Turns out getting married does not help on taxes...ugh.

~35% hit from last years return if filed jointly.

Filed separate, even worse...

****ing $@$&%#%!!!

I ran the math on this years ago, realized it was going to hurt more for taxes when i got married.

I used that as an excuse for awhile.

****ing $@$&%#%!!!

Nope, you're now in DINK status. I'd be in the same boat if Jessica and I were to get married. I only claim Colin every other year per the Divorce Decree, I already alternate from a good tax year to a bad one. It would be worse if I was married again.

I ran the math on this years ago, realized it was going to hurt more for taxes when i got married.

I used that as an excuse for awhile.

Yeah...didn't think we were going to get so heavily penalized.

Nope, you're now in DINK status. I'd be in the same boat if Jessica and I were to get married. I only claim Colin every other year per the Divorce Decree, I already alternate from a good tax year to a bad one. It would be worse if I was married again.

It makes me realize why so many people are "married", but not actually married :laugh:

****ing $@$&%#%!!!

Tell me about it. I pay monthly to the ****s from years ago and always managed to get screwed. So far looks like I might break even this year. We will see.

The 2006 Jeep Liberty just threw a code.

A P0128 code, which is interesting, but not yet, by itself, a clear bit of info.

" P0128 JEEP
Description
Indicates that the thermostat monitor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature within a specified amount of time after starting the engine.
Symptoms- CEL
Possible causes
- Insufficient warm up time
- Low engine coolant level
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Faulty MAP sensor
- Engine coolant temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor When is the code detected?

Coolant temperature does not reach predicted engine coolant temperature within specific time

Tech notes
If cooling system is not leaking and the fluid level is OK, replacing the thermostat usually takes care of the problem.

------------------------
Thinking about the junk, metal shavings from the wiped CAM after those yahoos dorked up the head gasket job, maybe got into the T-state and it stuck open??? And I bet they did not even replace the T-stat, or they used cheap chinese one.

"

The 2006 Jeep Liberty just threw a code.

A P0128 code, which is interesting, but not yet, by itself, a clear bit of info.

" P0128 JEEP
Description
Indicates that the thermostat monitor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature within a specified amount of time after starting the engine.
Symptoms- CEL
Possible causes
- Insufficient warm up time
- Low engine coolant level
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Faulty MAP sensor
- Engine coolant temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor When is the code detected?

Coolant temperature does not reach predicted engine coolant temperature within specific time

Tech notes
If cooling system is not leaking and the fluid level is OK, replacing the thermostat usually takes care of the problem.

------------------------
Thinking about the junk, metal shavings from the wiped CAM after those yahoos dorked up the head gasket job, maybe got into the T-state and it stuck open??? And I bet they did not even replace the T-stat, or they used cheap chinese one.

"
Once you open the cooling system, there is potential for cross contamination.

Cheap and easy sounds like a good place to start.

Tell me about it. I pay monthly to the ****s from years ago and always managed to get screwed. So far looks like I might break even this year. We will see.

That's the screwin' you get for the screwin' you got...

Looking into options with the g/f wanting to buy a house this fall. The intention was to keep my house as a rental and possible fall back if we can't afford the new house at some point in the future. Using a tax estimator on H&R Block it looks like renting out my house will cost me $5,000 a year in Income Taxes. That means I'd be losing $920 a year renting it out.

Did you include allowed depreciation in that estimate? In theory the house and land might appreciate that much in market value each year. Also repair costs of the rented asset are tax deductible like any business rental asset. If you sell the house you may get hit with a long term taxable gain tax. There is one time tax exempt gain exemption for the sale of your first house. Use it wisely!!!!

Looking into options with the g/f wanting to buy a house this fall. The intention was to keep my house as a rental and possible fall back if we can't afford the new house at some point in the future. Using a tax estimator on H&R Block it looks like renting out my house will cost me $5,000 a year in Income Taxes. That means I'd be losing $920 a year renting it out.

This is my second house, but I didn't make any money selling my first house either as I sold it for what I owed.

No, I haven't looked into what all extra deductions I could make. I know there is the "depreciation", I can also write off the Property Management fees, and other little things. I was just using a basic tax estimator fro H&R Block. I figure this way I'm looking at a worse case scenario. Depending on what we can find we're still going to try to keep my house as a rental. Even if it does cost me a little money every year I'm still getting a mortgage paid for me and maintaining the equity of the house for my own future use.

Last edited:

$920/year is pretty cheap for keeping an asset and letting someone else pay you enough to make the house payments on that asset?????

The real risk and possible downside is the tenants :(

Back