• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

We will eventually replace my wife WK2 with a 4runner or tacoma. I miss my 2011.

Anyone ever buy a gas cylinder from hobo freight that anyone would actually fill ? I got an ORI dual fill kit but could not find one in stock with a bottle so need to get one the hobo cylinders are fairly cheap but I hear gas places won't fill them ... I doubt it's a quality thing and more so they want to sell a $160 bottle + fill .

Well Air Gas wins the sale Out the door bottle is $114 free fill .The supply store I got my c25 tanks from had me at $160 plus cost of first fill putting a small 20 cf tank at about $200... lol... I now have about $500 into just tools to fill the struts between the Regulator , ori dual fill kit , and bottle ... Fancy suspension parts sure cost more than a white body shock and coil to run .

What he needs to do is find someone that wants a new car, let them use his as a trade in, then take the other persons down payment cash in trade for his liberty, to buy a used Craiges list jeep, LMAO. :laugh:

Long story short he paid too much for the liberty, about 2 times blue book, as it was the best deal he could find here.

Dang, well other option is going out of state. I had to do that with my BMW because of what I was looking for. Getting the title in CO was a royal pain in the ass though. Took almost 11 months. KJ's aren't terrible, that's what my wife drives, but they do leave some to be desired.

Postal service dropped the ball. Valve body gaskets we're supposed to be here today but they're a no show. Was really hoping to get this trans ready to stab tonight but I guess not.

Burning up last year's PTO. Four days in a row, without working, feels like a vacation.

Does that mean we get to see progress on the 2 door?

No, I get to focus on keeping the 4-door viable, so I can drive to the next job site...

It's so nice...until you have to go back.
Today was my wife's scheduled day off. We went to breakfast, then shopping. It was like a date or something! ;)

Well after spending 4 months, including the Harvey flood, we finally got the rear leaf spring 100% off the spare 87, then the rear bolt, it was a true die hard, then the outer steel bushing part, then rubber, and now after 3 weeks of using a torch, a BFH and chisel, and a massive electric industrial nut buster impact wrench, and finally a new air hammer chisel I bought this week, we finally got the inner steel sleeve on the front bolt loose enough to spin, LOL.

Now just need that massive industrial electric Impact back on loan (mt new air powered 600 ft-lbs tool just gets laughed at still).

But repeated heat on the nut, and water soaks to chill it, and then pen lube, and then the impact should finally get it loose now. May need to hit the sleeve one more time with the Dremel tool/diamond mini wheel to cut the sleeve open closer the rear nut to better access for heating and pen-lubing, as we were not able to open up and remove the sleeve, just able to detach/un-glue it from the die hard bolt.

Long story short, I see daylight on this endless one afternoon repair nightmare LOL.

Well how boring is that!
It is more enjoyable than the work-eat-sleep-repeat cycle. Although, some of the projects I walk into require a certain degree of creativity and problem solving, I really enjoy turning wrenches. I think that is because I never tried to make a living turning wrenches. ;)

The big excitement was yesterday. My Mrs. decided she wanted bling for Valentine's Day. We checked out a retail store, which had some very nice offerings. Then we drove down Colfax, looking for pawn shops:

She saw something that she liked very, very, much. I bought it!

Then, I saw one of these:
Taurus_44_2-440049_04.jpg

Although I'd like to get a feel for one of these:
Taurus_44_Tracker_2-440041TKR_03.jpg

Then I saw one of these, with extra stuff:

Jul16_23.jpg

I have been a very good hubby! Valentine's is coming, my birthday is coming... :)

That sounds like a conflicted BD wish list, like do you want to fix the jeep :rolleyes: or just shoot it?hasta

LMAO

Gotta love some motorist...I exit i25 south at the 197 Arapahoe rd exit and the light turns green so it's fresh so I keep rolling with traffic , well it cycles a bit quick so it turned yellow as I was into it and Red as I was completing it , so I get about a block East and go to change over one lane to the Left and as I get part way over a car whips out and starts passing they then change over one more lane and blow the horn and the passenger waves his fist out at me...well we came to a stop at the light next to each other I roll my window down and he proceeds to say I almost hit him 3 times and this got me as odd because he's only been in my vicinity for his drive by honking , and then he proceeds to say I ran a red at the intersection he had a green...yadda yadda yadda , so basically he's the kind of idiot that if traffic is still in the intersection occupying it from a previous green and his light is now green he is going to speed Intoit thinking outta my way I gots a green ...lol... well when slow moving 75 foot long semi trucks enter an intersection they often are still in it when it cycles red and despite your side now turning to green the Intersection is occupied and you must wait despite your light turning green . Then the odd passing behavior made sense as he was following me to identify my truck , honk at me and wave his fist because he's a moro
Who almost ran into a massive semi truck clearly occupying an intersection all because...his light turned green and that means he is ready to go and it's his " right of way"

Last edited:

Gotta love some motorist...I exit i25 south at the 197 Arapahoe rd exit and the light turns green so it's fresh so I keep rolling with traffic , well it cycles a bit quick so it turned yellow as I was into it and Red as I was completing it , so I get about a block East and go to change over one lane to the Left and as I get part way over a car whips out and starts passing they then change over one more lane and blow the horn and the passenger waves his fist out at me...well we came to a stop at the light next to each other I roll my window down and he proceeds to say I almost hit him 3 times and this got me as odd because he's only been in my vicinity for his drive by honking , and then he proceeds to say I ran a red at the intersection he had a green...yadda yadda yadda , so basically he's the kind of idiot that if traffic is still in the intersection occupying it from a previous green and his light is now green he is going to speed Intoit thinking outta my way I gots a green ...lol... well when slow moving 75 foot long semi trucks enter an intersection they often are still in it when it cycles red and despite your side now turning to green the Intersection is occupied and you must wait despite your light turning green . Then the odd passing behavior made sense as he was following me to identify my truck , honk at me and wave his fist because he's a moro
Who almost ran into a massive semi truck clearly occupying an intersection all because...his light turned green and that means he is ready to go and it's his " right of way"

Sounds about right. I miss Colorado at times, but I don't miss driving along the front range. Not. One. Bit

The Colorado BS thread

Oh man do I understand this one. I get calls at least a couple of times a week about, “your stupid truck cut me off,” or “ran me off the road,” etc etc. Yet you see dash-cam footage and it’s usually the a-hole trying to blow by the truck on the right, or where the lane merges and they are trying to get by it. Sometimes I just don’t know how truck drivers do it without running someone off the road.

That sounds like a conflicted BD wish list, like do you want to fix the jeep :rolleyes: or just shoot it?hasta

LMAO
When I was a young lad, involved in Scouting, the motto was "Be Prepared."

I keep a first aid kit in the Jeep as well.

When I was a young lad, involved in Scouting, the motto was "Be Prepared."

I keep a first aid kit in the Jeep as well.

LOL.

I prefer to avoid the need for one. Besides if I used one with my RA bone problems, firing it would shatter every bone in my hand. I have never needed one except for shooting clay pigeons ( with a Shot gun) when I was 18.

I have learned how to avoid the need for one. So far. Had guns and knives pulled on me.....many times, never needed one to solve the problem with out violence. Now I can't physically use one.

Now, a bullet proof vest might interest me LOL. Or a missile launcher, or paint ball cannon for my jeep, LMAO, for dealing with idiots on the road.... :)

Back