• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Must be a thing. Tossed a heater hose yesterday too. Right as I got to the top of Cerro. Luckily it's downhill the whole way to town.

The Colorado BS thread

Looks like I'll have to cut the Pittman arm off. :(

It's too tight to the box to get a puller in. Argh!
3aeca95848e2ac06676c99eba1b705e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You need a real puller. That is not the correct tool for that.
Yeah, I was just trying to nudge it down low enough to get a puller in there. There's only about an 1/8th inch clearance, can't get the puller jaws in the gap.

My "progress"...
f087b8d0b053fb1ed12239c503a40d9a.jpg
11497a8044e53b72be2b06957a3bd5c3.jpg
e94ebecf55be9c2fda22b8206f98e67d.jpg

You need one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-Conical-Pitman-Arm-Puller/dp/B00061SMS0

I've got one if you want to make the drive up. I'm assuming you're wanting to put on a drop pitman arm.

You can probably rent one from your local parts store too. Most of the time theirs are 2 leg pullers too, just beefier that what you were using. Like trippled said, put some tension on it and then hit the pitman arm with a hammer. That should break it loose. The reason people break the pullers is because they just keep cranking down on it.

The Colorado BS thread

My neighbor had a cone puller, and there still wasn't room enough between the arm and the box. I ended up grinding out the gap to get this one on. Ran bolts through the ears before I torqued it down. Still no joy. I'm going to let it sit under tension overnight, in a PB Blaster bath. And try again tomorrow.
64d92ab2fe0c5fe923887dcfb77f5ef0.jpg
7bfa691f2302d5754919f1ee316ff95a.jpg
80ac88c8ab31c96658b9d161eddba27e.jpg

Mike - Don't forget that I still have that lower exhaust gasket donut thing for you.
Wow, I did forget!!!

Must be a thing. Tossed a heater hose yesterday too. Right as I got to the top of Cerro. Luckily it's downhill the whole way to town.
This new job has me driving more in a week than I used to drive in a month. Poor ol' Jeep needs some attention.

Where have you had the best luck selling things? I've been trying the LetGo app but everything I've listed both on there and Craigslist I've always sold via Craigslist. Anybody have somewhere else that has worked really well for them?

I've not liked LetGo at all. Hate the design of the app and the search feature sucks. My dad uses it alot and isn't a fan, but has had some success. He says the LetGo buyers tend to be worse at low-balling and have the attitude that if you put it on LetGo.... you damn near should let it go for free.

hey jeep dudes i need some help.
i quit my job and the owner stole all my tools. i have the skills and no tools.currently dragging in the court system. i has me a death wobble deal and looking for someone to do some fixing. my plan is the plate on the outside of the frame rail st the steering box mount. and new steering . i am fine leaving it under knuckle. prefer the drilled and tapped over weld in bungs, but either will be fine.my steering box is a bit loose but not leaking.
so thinking the plate or get the whole rail reinforcement for teh driver's side only for now.
and maybe Rough Stuff's steering. and maybe a RE 1650 track bar. and my front housing needs some torch and weld action on the track bar mount, it is eating up my track bar bushings. i had to mangle it to get the rusted stock one off.
so have two options-- i buy parts and you install? or you handle it all and i foot the bill for parts and labor. i has no job now so cant move forward till i get one and some income. small shop or experienced build it yourself guy preferred. let me know if anyone interested.

hey jeep dudes i need some help.
i quit my job and the owner stole all my tools. i have the skills and no tools.currently dragging in the court system. i has me a death wobble deal and looking for someone to do some fixing. my plan is the plate on the outside of the frame rail st the steering box mount. and new steering . i am fine leaving it under knuckle. prefer the drilled and tapped over weld in bungs, but either will be fine.my steering box is a bit loose but not leaking.
so thinking the plate or get the whole rail reinforcement for teh driver's side only for now.
and maybe Rough Stuff's steering. and maybe a RE 1650 track bar. and my front housing needs some torch and weld action on the track bar mount, it is eating up my track bar bushings. i had to mangle it to get the rusted stock one off.
so have two options-- i buy parts and you install? or you handle it all and i foot the bill for parts and labor. i has no job now so cant move forward till i get one and some income. small shop or experienced build it yourself guy preferred. let me know if anyone interested.

I can do it.
You should look at my steering kits though.

i would be up for that. i d have to send it on a tow truck. let me see your reinforcements for the box, i ll post back here in a few minutes.

so rough stuff has a 3 piece reinforcement, and iron rock has a steering box reinforcement for steering box only and it is 1/4 in thick. either of these are ok by me.
the RE trackbar is ok with me or if you have other option that you want to suggest.
if i need upper or lower control arms i can do that here another day. and of my steering box needs to be replaced, i ll address that too.
if you cloud PM me a rough idea of the cost. and i ll need some labor for fixing my lower track bar. it is small weld job and strighten the area where the control arm bolts.
i would guess 1 to 2 hours labor? let me know, and rough idea not trying to get you hooked on a number. just need an amount to work towards.

thanks Frank!

Last edited:

I'm about 3 weeks out right now, so I hope you're not in a hurry.

If someone local can do it for you, that's fine. A towing bill to Colorado Springs ain't gonna be cheap.
its ok. i talked to someone local and get teh everything is junk speech. i guess if i dont have a 100,000 dollar Wrangler he is not interested. fine by me. let me get employed and i ll be in touch and we can work it out. and not too worried on the bill for towing

I'm wondering what the better set up is an NWF black box with my Atlas 5.0 or selling the 5.0 and use the cash towards an atlas 4 speed . I am going get some ORI struts before the end of the year and next year I want to address the power to weight issue with a v8 but need hearing options in low range besides 5.0 ...

Back