• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

You can get an adapter to use regular micro SD cards. I did that for an old Sony camera, works great

I seen adapters that fit two sd cards into a stick adapter , but it said does not work with some devices and in parentheses ...camera... I did order a couple 32g sticks and will look into the adapter again so I can use regular sd cards .

Accidentally dropped from OD down to 1-2nd while in Low range doing 20 ish mph ...this did not break anything , but it did spit out a u joint clip on the front driveshaft yoke , which I did not catch until it popped off and flop flop flop .

The Colorado BS thread

So I heard some clicking from the front end of my Ram 2500. Upper ball joint on driver side was actually sitting about a 1/4" above the C. Went to change the joint, and it just popped out, no press needed. I could push it down to the seated position by hand. New joint just drops in. It doesn't wobble, just drops into place.

Any options? I read about trying to dimple the C or the joint to try to create a little interference to hold it in place.
6bf486785b35de54bacbfb78461398ed.jpg
91d1ba49c31af4d11c08b0641c6b6dc9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Buy oversized ball joints. Doesn't have to be oversized by much. Had to do that for a Silverado before and worked fine.

The only ones I found were from some Canadian company, at $300 for the pair...or Dynatracs for $700.

Oh, and I blame your dad, we just did these last summer. :)

Thought that 2500 was a 4th Gen bought brand new ? My 3td gen has the same motor trans and axles but it now has 188,000 on it and the front 9.25 still has the factory ball joints and runs 35s . What the hell are you doing to yours that is eating the BJs ?

You must have a unicorn. Every friend with a dodge 2500-3500 goes through front ends about every year or two.

You must have a unicorn. Every friend with a dodge 2500-3500 goes through front ends about every year or two.

That's excessive do they aim for every pothole in the road ? My truck eats rear tires but I have a heavy foot and run soft big tread mud tires ...I have just started to see wear in the front inner tread which these 35s do wear funny ay 50% but am suspecting a bj issue as the steering feels stiff sometimes lately as well but could just be alignment and these tires . I will be pulling the wheels shortly to check a few things before I put in another set of new 35s ...lol...but going through BJ yearly is excessive I would say your friends need to stop aiming for every pothole in the road.

Some brands of ball joints fit loose . I read this on CumminsForum they say some of joints from Napa would just drop in no interference fit and the user returned them and had no issue with the replacements.

Some aftermarket ball joints are knurled and stretch the hole and then regular joints fit loose. If you install a joint and it fits loose it can oblong the hole making every joint after fit loose...maybe dirty's Dodge friends are doing something wrong ?

anyway it's a hole if the swapping joints don't get the fit tight you can peen the joint help or tack weld a few spots in the hole and gri.d flat giving just enough meat to make a tight fit .

Mine's an '06, with 175K on it. Last summer when we did the joints, they were the knurled style that we pulled out, and replaced with smooth style (not knowing at the time that this could be an issue). Definitely had to press the upper in.

I'm thinking about squeezing the new joint in a pipe vise, rotating it a few times, to evenly let the vise teeth raise some metal. It's not like i can return it now that I've installed it. Loctite has something called 660 quick metal, that I've read about some guys using.

The Colorado BS thread

Couldn't find an "oversize" ball joint anywhere in town, so found a knurled joint at NAPA. When I cleaned up the C, I could see grooves from a prior joint. First shot is how it sat, just with hand pressure.

Since I obviously didn't need anti seize, I used some extra seize. We'll see how it holds...
5e5d311368c3114a435ec2e3e0230fe7.jpg
425503ff9a232553d5a3f3fb71034e2b.jpg
92d686975c0aff24d2ef8cd4e85b7169.jpg

Enjoyed a Jr High football game (youngest had a sack) and a freshman baseball game (oldest struck out the side)... and then waited 2 hours for AAA, since the Dak wouldn't start - "no bus" means PCM or connectivity thereto... yeah.

Enjoyed a Jr High football game (youngest had a sack) and a freshman baseball game (oldest struck out the side)... and then waited 2 hours for AAA, since the Dak wouldn't start - "no bus" means PCM or connectivity thereto... yeah.

You could have a shorted sensor. Check the 5v reference at a sensor. If it's low, I usually cut the 5v wire at the pcm and recheck. If it's still low, it's the pcm. If the 5v comes back there's a sensor shorted somewhere.

yeah, I read the TSM bulletin on it while I sat and waited for the tow... only 6 potential sources/sensors, plus the PCM itself, plus a ground... anywhere. Rocked the Kia to work this morning...

Couldn't find an "oversize" ball joint anywhere in town, so found a knurled joint at NAPA. When I cleaned up the C, I could see grooves from a prior joint. First shot is how it sat, just with hand pressure.

Since I obviously didn't need anti seize, I used some extra seize. We'll see how it holds...
5e5d311368c3114a435ec2e3e0230fe7.jpg
425503ff9a232553d5a3f3fb71034e2b.jpg
92d686975c0aff24d2ef8cd4e85b7169.jpg

A very interesting product that I think will work for. The rear D44 in my XJ have an axle wheel bearing outer race that is loose in the axle tube and I would like to try some of this Loctite product. Does anyone have experience with this product? Care to share it? i.e. experience and opinions. TIA.

Back