• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

That's job security for me! I'm amazed some people know what a flat tire is.

You would be surprised. I drove for miles on a flat tire at 60 mph and did not know it. It was a 14x60, 6 ply tire on the rear of my 73 Pinto I was outfitting to race with a V-8 in the 70s, LOL. That was so much tire for that little car, with no weight in the rear, it was like your all's monster rock climber tires with 6-8 psi, LOL.

It was hard to tell anything was wrong. :laugh3:

Got to get current tags on my XJ so I can drive it on the roads here and scare old people without the trailer .

Is the Moody hill rock quarry part of kelly flats trail ? My buddy is now talking kelly flats instead of Penrose . I'm only considering it because I think the quarry is there...lol...if not no way In hell am I wasting the cash to trailer my rig out to Kelly Flats for the chutes .

What's more chic today a Felony or a misdemeanor ...Seems everyone has one and I need to up my game but don't know where to start ?

I shoot for the rare one, having no record at all :)

never did like following the crowd, or herds.

Yep, while I may or may not have spent a few nights in jail I do not have anything on my record. I'm pretty sure by now everything has fallen off of my driving record even.

DUI's are the ticket for trendy. Fortunately for myself I've been able to get all my stuff off my record so aside from some time in the clink as memory, I'm looked at like a good person :roflmao:

Made a soft shackle last night from 3/8" Dyneema SK75.

36781634445_c0f2aac89e_c.jpg

Should have a breaking strength around 35,000lbs. :D

Going to order some nylon tubular sleeving for chafe guard, since the 2" I have is a little big.

1 down, 3 more worth of Dyneema to go!

As a note, it took me a few HOURS to get this one done.

The next ones should be a biiiiit quicker. That knot is a royal PITA.

These will be so much nicer than having to carry metal shackles...and far more versatile.

Looks fantastic!!

Yeah, definitely happy with how it came out. The knot *could* be tighter, but it will be more than fine for use. Getting the knot correct, and getting it as tight as possible by hand (before tightening it for good) is a royal PITA.

Now, I can get my old Masterpull winch rope fixed for the Blue XJ. That should be a walk in the park now.

I keep thinking a set of 16 ORI struts would fit well in the rear where I already frenched the frame rails for the regular coils ... I see another check being cut from the savings shortly...f-n off road hobby is worse than crack .

Bought a Sony camcorder at Wal-Mart 6 years ago on my way to the trail I had asked the sales clerk for the entertainment section there for a camera and what I needed to start recording right then . I got to the trail and found out it needed memory cards , which I did not know and obviously the sales person did not either , So it was put under the back seat of my Dodge where it sat for the last 6 years never used . Today I decide while I'm at staples I will get cards for it and find out that 6 years ago Sony used their own special BS memory stick pro duo card which is not stocked at most places and even sony has went to standard cards ...lol...so I better order cards before I forget and this thing sits another 6 years .

You can get an adapter to use regular micro SD cards. I did that for an old Sony camera, works great

Hey 1Ton/George. It's about 5:45 and I'm loaded up ready to leave. I noticed your groups trucks are still here. LMK if you guys need help or not. I'll be at the gas station for a bit yet and traffic is slow enough on I-70 it'll be a bit before I'm out of range to turn around.

720-891-6603

Hey 1Ton/George. It's about 5:45 and I'm loaded up ready to leave. I noticed your groups trucks are still here. LMK if you guys need help or not. I'll be at the gas station for a bit yet and traffic is slow enough on I-70 it'll be a bit before I'm out of range to turn around.

720-891-6603

We're all good ...we dicked around on the obstacles then ate at the top of the rock garden then played around at the mines . Danny , Rick , my brother , and I went to eat after , which that included me finding that I snapped a leaf on my trailer while getting ready to load . Never welded a leaf spring before but it held the trip home with a re-fix .

Pretty good day despite the slighly oversized turn out .

Good to hear. Did the guy with the Liberty make it back ok?

Back