• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

My rig got rear ended. It took out the hatch and two tail lights. I got a $2545 settlement and a rental car. I snagged a replacement hatch for $140 complete and two new taillights for $50. I still have the matching paint, so a day of work and I.......... cross that out, the wife ends up with over $2000:rattle:

That ain't bad, that's pretty much new XJ money...

It's an 85
Poser.jpg

Ah, the joys of being single for 23 years now. ;)

I once thought I could do and fix anything :D.

My ex proved me wrong, LOL.:smsoap:

But I did get some awesome kids out of that turmoil. :roll:

Or just not marrying someone who puts expectations and extra money. :thumbup:

Sounds like a pissed off honey bee........ Impressive power but...... meh. Not a sound I'd like my Jeep to make.

Update on my vehicle woes... Plan on calling the liable party's insurance company tomorrow to sort stuff out. We'll see where it goes. Dad basically offered to give me a truck, a 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4 extended cab with a 4.7 V8 and a 5-speed to be exact. The biggest stipulation would that I would have to meet him in Brush with a vehicle since he doesn't feel comfortable driving that stretch of road to Limon in a vehicle of questionable reliability. Truck belongs to my ex/former/whatever step-mother. It was supposed to be my sister's truck, but apparently she doesn't feel comfortable driving it. Not sure if it's the brakes or a V8 with a stick or what. Sounds like her grandparents might be giving her a 2007 CR-V in July. I just don't know... former step-mom is willing to cut dad a deal on the truck because sis feels bad about me and the Jeep. Dad pretty much wants to give it to me because I know how to work on cars, but I'm not working right now. I feel bad about taking it and then getting a big payout on the Jeep, just to sell a truck I got for free... I dunno, pretty confused right now...

Speaking of not working, but knowing how to work on cars, if anybody is or knows of somebody who is looking for some good help in a shop in southern Colorado, please shoot me a message. Trying to get some experience in an "actual shop" right now, but despite the fact that some jackass with "actual shop experience" just turned my "actual shop/home garage/parts store parking lot service and repair experience" into soup cans, every time I drop off a resume, nobody's willing to give me the time of day. Hell, I pratically have people offering to give me free vehicles at this point because they know I can fix them...

My 60 crane diff cover loves to leak the bottom edge just does not like to hold a seal after a few bumps on the rocks ...hell it gets razor sharp when I pull it I always have to flap disc it ...so I am going to see if the lube locker gasket will hold a seal because I don't like the constant oil puddle on my trailer deck ...the ballistic 14 cover holds a seal after some good use but will pick one up for it too since if they work well they beat the rtv game .

I had the same issue with a D44. The LubeLocker worked.

Lol...should have left about half inch of adjust ability in my rear links when I built them , but I was under the miss information a shank was stronger when fully engaged I know better now after building my steering. but since I knew wrong I set my wheel base then pinion and then made links to exact length...lol...well I decided I would set my vertical separation at about 9.5 over the 7.5 it was and placement has my pinion cocked up a bit more which the angle is still good but my spring perch is tilted
up and the colis got slight bow ...be a quick pull in of the uppers had I not made them exact . I may try pushing the bottom out a bit my worries is it may move the axle back not just rotate the snout down ...lol...well luckily I got .1.25 dom and 1.25 solid cold rolled for choices in slugs and 40ft of 2.0 120 dom to sleeve over the 1.75 should I cut them dowm ,which should only take an hour to remove cut weld install , but damn had I just left room to modify it ...luckily I got a pile of tube .

Lol...should have left about half inch of adjust ability in my rear links when I built them , but I was under the miss information a shank was stronger when fully engaged I know better now after building my steering. but since I knew wrong I set my wheel base then pinion and then made links to exact length...lol...well I decided I would set my vertical separation at about 9.5 over the 7.5 it was and placement has my pinion cocked up a bit more which the angle is still good but my spring perch is tilted
up and the colis got slight bow ...be a quick pull in of the uppers had I not made them exact . I may try pushing the bottom out a bit my worries is it may move the axle back not just rotate the snout down ...lol...well luckily I got .1.25 dom and 1.25 solid cold rolled for choices in slugs and 40ft of 2.0 120 dom to sleeve over the 1.75 should I cut them dowm ,which should only take an hour to remove cut weld install , but damn had I just left room to modify it ...luckily I got a pile of tube .
WAIT! WHUT? You bought DOM????????????????

EDIT: :D :D :D

Lol...I was reading an ad for a "14" bolt axle I thought it strangely resembled my pickups big ...11.5 and not a GM 14 ...sure enough the seller runs on to say 2016 pickup 11'5 ring gear ...Then I realized it was a friend selling it and I just laughed and shook my head .

Are lube lockers really that much better? Fel Pro gaskets are readily available at all the parts stores. I have been using them for years.

Back