• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Should Spring Creek be passible or at least most of it up to the rock garden now ?...Looking for a mild trail to run to do as one rig and passenger , but don't want to drive to Buena Vista and Chinamans is too long of a loop anyway it gets boring for what it is .

Friends of mine ran it right before the Chinaman chapter run and had no issues. We ran eagle Rock on Monday. It was wet, slick and still snow in a few spots but nothing terrible.

Time for Kathy Griffin to denounce her citizenship and find another country to soil.

Well, ran Billings and 21 Road Last weekend.

Billing was fun, pretty quick.

We got started on 21 Road around 4pm. Didn't really know where trail started, but found it after wheeling through the creek bed for half an hour or so :laugh:

Got through the trail, only to get lost on where/how we get back. We didn't realize we needed to turn around and go back through part of the trail. So, we go WAY out there, it got dark, and we we're all worried about fuel.

So we turned around and headed back the way we came. We were a wayyyys out there on something called Eagle Loop I believe.

On a loose, steep climb in the dark next to a nice looong drop off...my fan switch managed to go to "off". Overheated...in possibly one of the worst spots possible.

Got strapped via winch cable back down to near the start of the back of the trail. Had to stop every once in a while, topped it off, and was good to go.

Got back to camp around midnight.

21 Road, while not the most technical trail I've ever been on, is by FAR the most "beat the ever loving hell out of your rig" kind of trail. Hell, my steering arms even have rockrash now.

In the last 4 runs I've done (Metal Masher, Hells Revenge, Billings, and 21 Road), the panels are looking a *wee* worse for wear, especially my header panel :laugh:

Time for Kathy Griffin to denounce her citizenship and find another country to soil.

Lol...the Liberals really do go to the extreme when they don't get their way . Can you picture the shit storm that would have followed if white male had been pictured holding the head of Obama ...lol

:roflmao:

All in the same sentence.

Kathy Griffin needs to denounce her citizenship. She should find another country to soil.

There ya weirdo...... happy now?

giphy.gif

Just a heads up to people. I'm not going to be able to do axles for a bit. I'll be gone most of July for Mountain Warfare School (unless my old ass falls out of a ruck march and goes home early) and I'm stacked up this month already.

Along with that, if anybody wants clean bodied 87 Pioneer I would love to just unload it. I don't have any time right now to get it into the garage to prep it for sale.

Just a heads up to people. I'm not going to be able to do axles for a bit. I'll be gone most of July for Mountain Warfare School (unless my old ass falls out of a ruck march and goes home early) and I'm stacked up this month already.

Along with that, if anybody wants clean bodied 87 Pioneer I would love to just unload it. I don't have any time right now to get it into the garage to prep it for sale.

What's the unload price?

Well just had a check cut out to me so I can get some new rubber I still am not 100% sure on tires the only reason I have to consider a 17 wheel are 43sx I can get 42 Irok sticky tires in 15s and all my DOT rubber choices are available in 15s , But I did pull enough cash to get 17s and 43s , But it's unlikely I will go that big and heavy In a sticky I also like the idea of dropping from a 44x18.5 tire as I can lower the truck.a bit and gain some.more up travel ...If tires were not thousands of dollars this would be a much easier choice...lol

IMG_20170603_54538.jpg

Started to do the back bone portion of the truss I had no cardboard so I had to rough cut then fit up the trim and fit up then trim and repeat. I got the tube brace fit then started to fit tube to the diff cover and maje a set of flanges and realized I was standing in the beginnings of a thunderstorm as lightening struck , so I quickly tacked the pieces on and took a pic . I will finish fitting them up when I roll out of bed around 1400 , maybe...This is way more than a 4.0 xj really needs , but it I just could not stop the overkill after having the rear come out on trail .

Last edited:

front42IROKv40MTR.jpg

42IROKsidev40MTR.jpg

Everyone says the GoodYear 40 Mt/r has always run big they have been saying this since the first gen Mt/r ...well I found a pretty honest set of pictures with tires on same wheels on same rig...LOL...NO F-ing way do 40 mt/r measure the same or close in this side by side to a 42 IROK ... lol...just looking around ---Z-- web trying to decide on rubber .

Current gen is bigger.

pics...Only pic I found of current gen was on one of CF FORUM guys xj he had...bald...I mean bald Iroks and the got new mt/r comps and with almost all 24/32nds gone the tire is effectively 1.5 inches shorter so obviously going to be about 40 inches tall at that point ...I have yet to see the 42' Irok that measures 41.5 measure smaller than a 40 I have heard claims but not accurate apples to apples pics ...But I'm probably going Irok they work in more places than just smooth granite ...and still going to cost about $700 a tire in comp compound .

Last edited:

Can't find any pictures. I had 42" irok stickys a few years back and they were small.

I am going to hold out on a good deal if 37-40" stickys or a set of big pitbuls.

Can't find any pictures. I had 42" irok stickys a few years back and they were small.

I am going to hold out on a good deal if 37-40" stickys or a set of big pitbuls.

Of the 3 wheel sizes in Irok sticky tires the 16.5 only measures 40.6 brand new the 15 and 17 are listed at 41.5 What was your wheel size ? My dot choices are Rockers 42-44 ...42sx2 ...new tsl 44 ...In sticky I was looking at 42 Irok and 43 sx , but honestly am leaning more towards 42s they are easier on parts when the skinny pedal is used .

I dont like interco tires besides the irok. My 42 stickys were on 17" trailreadys.

I guarantee a 39" red label would work better than any of the other choices.

Back